Author Topic: Shared Costco membership?  (Read 8254 times)

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
Shared Costco membership?
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »
Does anyone have experience sharing a Costco membership with a non family member? I want to sign up, and I want a close friend to be my member buddy. I won't be sharing the cost, and she wouldn't get a card otherwise. Anything she buys will be extra money for them.

People who've done it, did they ask for proof? Would online or in person be better for this?

windypig

• Stubble
  • You are what you hate.
Re: Shared Costco membership?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
Before my wife was my wife she had a card under my account. They wont care just say you are siblings or partners or something else and to lend credence to your story say you live together. They probably have some limit to the # of individuals under an account that can have a distinct card, but 1 person on your acct wont get you busted.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
A friend told me recently that she wanted to share a membership with a neighbor, but that Costco would not allow it because it has to be people with the same address.

letired

• Pencil Stache
    • Needs More Glitter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:40:39 PM »
A friend told me recently that she wanted to share a membership with a neighbor, but that Costco would not allow it because it has to be people with the same address.

+1, You have to have some proof of having the same address, and they will ask for proof. Last time I checked, they take a credit card bill as enough proof, YMMV.

altoid

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
I read somewhere that buying Costco cash card is a way to get around this. I ordered some cash card yesterday and will report back on if it works.

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
Thanks everyone!

I think we'll try in person as partners without proof of living together. I think that depending on the people we encounter, that may be enough (goodwill), but I won't stress either way (because I don't want to pressure anyone into rule breaking).

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
I had two people in the past on the same account, and we did live together but we never offered proof as I can recall.

Altons Bobs

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »
They do ask for proof like a drivers license. It's up to you if you want to lie to them by telling them that your friend just moved in as your roommate but she hasn't changed her address yet on her drivers license.