Author Topic: Selling Expensive Shoes from Europe  (Read 2344 times)

saijoe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Selling Expensive Shoes from Europe
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
I had my bags lost while doing business travel in Germany.  I had to go out and buy some replacement dress shoes.  I bought some Paul Rosen shoes that were too expensive, butt Ii was in a bind.  I thought that they needed a break in, but not knowing the Europe to US size conversion, I think I just bought the wrong size.  I'm about an 11 in the US.  I'm thinking these are a 9? in Europe sizing. 

I am wanting to sell them as I only wore them for a day.  My problem is that I didn't bring the shoe box back to the US and I'm not sure of the size.  The only text on the inside is 69095 4225 9, so I'm guessing that they're a European 9.   I read online that a European 9 equates to a US 9.5.  But if I'm going to sell them, I want to give accurate information. 

Could anyone help me with the size based on the info and the photo? 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Re: Selling Expensive Shoes from Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:37:21 PM »
European sizes are generally in the neighborhood of 35-45.

UK sizes are more like 9, 10, 11 so if that is UK sizing, the 9 could be it. A UK 9 is about a men's 9.5 US. And around a 42 Euro.

This may be useful: http://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion

Did you check inside/under the tongue? That's where a lot of shoes have sizing printed...

saijoe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »
No, there's nothing under the tongue.  So I guess I'll assume that these are UK size 9.  My plan is selling through eBay, but does anybody have any better ideas?

Erma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:09:42 AM »
I wouldntry to measure the inside length of the shoe. Then people should be able to compare ot with their own shoes.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 10:21:49 AM »
I sold shoes on eBay with no problem a couple of years ago... there are specialty sneaker resale sites but not sure about dress shoes.

If it were me I'd e-mail or call the manufacturer or shoe store as a last-ditch attempt to figure out the size. Pretty small amount of effort that could potentially avoid a return or bad feedback if your guess at the size is wrong.