Author Topic: Selling Car - Worth it to get professional detailing?  (Read 1729 times)

whateverdude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Selling Car - Worth it to get professional detailing?
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
I bought a new 2014 Subaru Crosstrek 2 years ago.  Looking to sell and buy something cheaper.  Is it worth the $250 ish to get it detailed?  I have a dog and it's a pain to get the hair out, wondering if anyone has found a professional detailing was well worth it when selling.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Car - Worth it to get professional detailing?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
There are several car washes near me that do the interior and exterior really well for about $20. I think this is likely adequate vs. spending $250 on detailing. The most economical option is of course to do it yourself... I do think it is worth it to have your car very very clean inside and out and make sure it doesn't smell.

VCaddy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »
Definitely worth it if you're selling it yourself.  It will look far better in photos if it's clean, and clean sells cars.  If you're trading it in to the dealer, I'd just do a quick DIY vacuum and wash.

Tami1982

• Handlebar Stache
    • Disabled Girl on Fire
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
I don't know what kind of dog you have, but with my lab, over time, there is an odor due to his oily coat.  I have found if I do an air freshening bomb, and then put a new filter in there, it smells great for a couple weeks.  It's a canister you set off inside the car with the windows up that kind of febrezes and leaves a mild scent behind. 

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »
I haven't sold anything that it would make a difference on, but for a 2 year old car?  Yeah, I probably would get it professionally detailed first.