Author Topic: Selling airline miles and credit card points  (Read 2835 times)

Keekster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Selling airline miles and credit card points
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »
Has anyone sold their airline miles or credit card rewards points online? Which if any of the brokers are more "legitimate ". Do any of the brokers have a process for transferring points that the airline or cc company wouldn't become suspicious?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:14:39 AM by Keekster »

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Re: Selling airline miles and credit card points
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
Not really its against all their T&c so there isn't a big market. I sell sometimes to acquaintances at 75% of value

AirLineExpert

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Know yoursefl
    • Miles Buyer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:37:40 AM »
Has anyone sold their airline miles or credit card rewards points online? Which if any of the brokers are more "legitimate ". Do any of the brokers have a process for transferring points that the airline or cc company wouldn't become suspicious?

Thanks!

Hi, I advise you to pay attention to the sites that you find in the search and have reviews in Google. Usually on the first pages there are such sites, because people use them more often than others. You can also look at the review sites that write about a particular site.
For example, according to three popular reviews, the best site in the last quarter was https://milesbuyer.com/, ahead of the popularity of its competitors by 23%.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 06:52:29 AM »
I've sold points on points.com.  Well, not really sold, but traded.  I registered virtually all of my airline and hotel reward accounts, then just started doing transfers to get enough to swap for a Best Buy card.  At the time, (don't know if its still the case), I could go into Best Buy, pick up a Shell gift card and pay for it with my Best Buy card.  Then I buy gas with my freebie.  I was able to get a couple hundred dollars by draining all of my reward programs.

I don't really have "credit card points".  All my cards allow cash back.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 07:01:29 AM »
Ptf

shingy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 07:36:01 AM »
The value of selling varies by how many points you have (the more the better) and for what program. Most of the time it doesn't make much sense compared to redeeming them directly (especially for travel), but it can make sense in some cases. Because of a quirk to the Citi Thank You program, I was actually able to sell some points for more then I could have redeemed them myself, so that was a no brainer for me.

The best resource I found was at Slick Deals (https://slickdeals.net/f/4629010-official-where-to-sell-airline-miles-credit-card-points-or-rewards-thread-no-buying-selling) which is a fairly active thread with recent data points and a vetted list of about 10 companies that buy points.

Saving in Austin

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:30 PM »
I have used the Miles Broker: https://www.themilesbroker.com/

Very easy to work with.

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
The value of selling varies by how many points you have (the more the better) and for what program. Most of the time it doesn't make much sense compared to redeeming them directly (especially for travel), but it can make sense in some cases. Because of a quirk to the Citi Thank You program, I was actually able to sell some points for more then I could have redeemed them myself, so that was a no brainer for me.

The best resource I found was at Slick Deals (https://slickdeals.net/f/4629010-official-where-to-sell-airline-miles-credit-card-points-or-rewards-thread-no-buying-selling) which is a fairly active thread with recent data points and a vetted list of about 10 companies that buy points.

^^ Slick Deals is the best resource hands down. I found Bruce Goldberg there and sell to him every year.  I get about a 1.25 cents per point (chase & amex) from him.