Author Topic: Seattle thrift stores  (Read 4434 times)

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
Seattle thrift stores
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »
Hello Seattle Mustachians - I'm wondering if any of you can recommend local thrift stores, for women's and girls' clothing especially. I did a quick search of the archives but didn't find anything exactly on point, so hope it's OK to start a new thread. Thanks everyone!

MelodysMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Seattle thrift stores
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
I go to the Goodwill in Bellevue, also there is a small thrift shop on Mercer Island that can have nice upscale women's items.

brassicajane

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:20 PM »
Lifelong Aids Alliance thrift store on 10th & Union in Capitol Hill is my all-time favorite for grown-up clothes. Awesome prices (they always have one color tag marked down to 50 cents) and the group it funds is wonderful. Unfortunately, they do not sell kids' clothes. Kids on 45th in Wallingford is a good consignment store, and I like the Ballard Goodwill, too.

sekritdino

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »
I like Crossroads Trading. There is a big one on Capitol Hill and a smaller one in University District. It is a great place to get fancier Nordstrom level brands at 10-20% of the original price. I sell there too and they'll give you 50% of their selling price as store credit and I think 30% as cash, your choice.  Another place would be Buffalo Exchange, there are several locations, and they have more of a variety of stores, more middle of the road brands.

dweebyhawkeyes

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:32 PM »
I'm fond of Red Light on Broadway. It's a bit more expensive than say, Goodwill, but has some really unique clothing.

Greg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 08:44:15 AM »
Seattle's pretty big, what part of Seattle do you live in?  Some parts of Seattle have their own Value Villiage and Goodwill, but other areas rely more on smaller thrift stores.

Credaholic

• Stubble
    • Credaholic
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
The south Seattle Goodwill (1400 S Lane St) is ginormous and well organized, it will blow your mind!

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 12:20:01 PM »
Seattle's pretty big, what part of Seattle do you live in?  Some parts of Seattle have their own Value Villiage and Goodwill, but other areas rely more on smaller thrift stores.

I live in the CD. I generally try to avoid crossing the lakes or the ship canal if possible, but anything in the south end ought to be relatively easy for me to get to.

sarah8001

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »
I've had great luck at any of the St Vincent de Paul thrift stores. They tend to have slightly nicer stuff than your average Goodwill. I bought a handmade vase from 1986 (older than me) there a couple years ago for 5$. It's a work of art, the glazing job was masterful. My bf and I like to stare at it and imagine its life before it was ours. I've also bought some very nice clothes there.

Greg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »
Is there still a Value Village on Capitol Hill?  There was 15 years ago.  Depending on what part of the CD you live in you could walk there.  Ditto the Dearborn Goodwill (if it's still there).