Author Topic: Savings Star, Checkout 51, Checkpoints... do you use them?  (Read 2681 times)

Lis

• Pencil Stache
Savings Star, Checkout 51, Checkpoints... do you use them?
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
I have the three listed above downloaded to my phone. I keep telling myself I'll use them, but I honestly never remember. I think I have $2.50 in one of them (with a $5 min to transfer). I feel like if you get into a good groove with them and are disciplined, you could make a few extra bucks a month with little extra effort. Does anyone regularly use these apps or similar?

nvmama

• Stubble
Re: Savings Star, Checkout 51, Checkpoints... do you use them?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »
I use the saving star app.  Its the easiest one, the others involve too much work.  Once you have signed up and have the app, it lets you know when there are new offers, I just click on all of them and if I happen to buy it during the course of my regular spending then there is a small benefit.  I do not purposely buy stuff because there is an offer, but I do end up getting a small amount every now and then.  The offers are for some decent stuff, not just junk.  And redeeming the money is not hard wither, I have it go to my bank account.  Its worth a look, because it is mostly painless. 

Rebecca Stapler

• Pencil Stache
    • Stapler Confessions
Re: Savings Star, Checkout 51, Checkpoints... do you use them?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:29 PM »
I use the saving star app.  Its the easiest one, the others involve too much work.  Once you have signed up and have the app, it lets you know when there are new offers, I just click on all of them and if I happen to buy it during the course of my regular spending then there is a small benefit.  I do not purposely buy stuff because there is an offer, but I do end up getting a small amount every now and then.  The offers are for some decent stuff, not just junk.  And redeeming the money is not hard wither, I have it go to my bank account.  Its worth a look, because it is mostly painless.

Ditto. Except I cash out for an amazon GC.

Plus, every Friday they offer a freebie. It's not always for non-junk items, but I'll admit to buying a candy bar if it's free ;)

I have downloaded and used ibotta, but my phone has been acting up, so I haven't used it as much recently. It's not nearly as easy to use as Savingstar, though, because you have to take a picture of your entire receipt. If you want to download and try it, here is my referral code: http://ibotta.com/r/jia.