Author Topic: Romance on the cheap?  (Read 2563 times)

Vicster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Romance on the cheap?
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:18:18 AM »
Hello

So I find that in a relationship, spending time away, going somewhere nice, making an effort in what you're wearing, getting away from the humdrum of chores and daily life can bring back spark and keep the relationship good, but how do you do it on the cheap? (in the nicest possible way)

Going on city breaks, (I live in UK, so European city breaks) eating out etc is all very expensive, what suggestions do people have for a bit of fun relationship wise?

Thanks in advance

Ocinfo

• Bristles
Re: Romance on the cheap?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:37:56 AM »
Buy a bottle of wine, some meat (salami, prosciutto, etc) and cheese, crackers, etc... and have an outdoor dinner (own patio, park, rooftop). Relatively cheap, easy, and romantic. My wife and I do this at home and when we travel. I think it cost us less than $15 in Florence and it was one of our most memorable meals (and we had some expensive restaurant ones...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
    • Meena Kestirke Insurance
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
I like novelty so just going to a new park or different neighbourhood for a walk is great for me. Or cooking a fancy meal at home together.

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »
Free events? Movies/concerts in the park, museums, architecture walking tours, etc. can all be very inexpensive or free. Go to an event at a public library together. Go out of lunch instead of dinner. Do picnics from the grocery store instead of fancy dinners out--my husband and I loved doing that on our trips in Europe (buy crackers, cheese, fruit, etc. and bring a couple beers or a bottle of wine). Read a book out loud to each other. Read the same book and discuss. Play games (card games, board games, word games, guessing games, do a puzzle, etc.). There are many ways to spark romance without spending anything.

alewpanda

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »
Some of our most memorable "dates" were as simple as, I love to paint, so he took me to the park to paint (he painted dinosaurs and stick figures while I painted the lake scene), or our favorite dessert while watching the sunset, or purchasing his favorite kind of pizza while we play his game system together. 

Its more about the thoughtfulness of it (for instance, playing games or painting when its not your favorite thing to do, but they like it)

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 10:52:24 AM »
Go over your spreadsheets together? 

What? If that ain't romantic,  I don't know what is!

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
    • Meena Kestirke Insurance
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »
Go over your spreadsheets together? 

What? If that ain't romantic,  I don't know what is!

So true. My DH brought me home all his work RRSP info for me to review. I was thrilled.
I love talking money with him. Increasing his automatic savings amount - so hot!