Author Topic: Rich Dad Poor Dad Workshop. Free but worth it?  (Read 4050 times)

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
Rich Dad Poor Dad Workshop. Free but worth it?
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
There is a Rich Dad Poor Dad workshop coming to my town and its free to attend.
Any one been before and if so was it worth the time?

ShortInSeattle

• Pencil Stache
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad Workshop. Free but worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
Free = Aggressive Sales Pitch.

iamadummy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »
oh man. i bet he sells his cash flow quadrant game too :)

Mr. Frugalwoods

• Bristles
    • Frugalwoods
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:28:48 AM »
Free means they will give you a hard sell.  If you've ever bought anything out of pity / sales pitch from someone going door to door... then don't go.  These people are professional sharks.

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
He is a good speaker, but I paid to see him speak at a large investing conference. There was no aggressive sales pitch because I paid for a ticket. It was probably $40 for the day. Magic Johnson was also a speaker and he was awesome.

HattyT

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
In my pre mustachian days, I went to RichDad event.  I volunteered with registration to get in for free.  Not sure how much others paid.  He is entertaining and inspiring.  Expect a high pressured sales pitch for what he'd tell you if you buy the next most expensive offering.  I say your time and money is MUCH better spent reading MMM.  At the event I attended, I saw them doing the trick of having not enough chairs for bodies to inspire a forced scarcity.  It’s a trick mentioned by John T Reed in his Real Estate B.S. Artist Detection Checklist and here:  http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
I read the book when I was about 12. It introduced me to the idea that you can be in control of your own money. but if you are already reading MMM I'd say it's a waste of time.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »
I think he wrote a decent book than tanked his reputation by continuing to write.  Thomas Stanley is a much better read and doesn't sponsor real estate guru workshops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 07:00:22 PM »
I went to one about 6 months ago, just for fun.  The wife and I viewed it as a few hours of entertainment, akin to going to see a movie.

It was fun watching the hard sell, and we were picking out all the tactics the speaker was using.

They're just selling you on their 3k weekend course. 

You might learn a little bit, if you know nothing about real estate.  I knew way more than the speaker, and reading the books recommended on this forum will get you what you need.

Probably not worth the time to go, unless you've got nothing but time. Definitely not worth paying anything to go to their weekend one.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.