Author Topic: retirement calculators for MMM? No income, early retirement?  (Read 2502 times)

k_mcsparin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
retirement calculators for MMM? No income, early retirement?
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »
I can't find any calculators that fit MMM people.  All of them assume you have a job now (and they want a salary amount), they also assume you will retirem in your 60's, (instead of earlier) and they assume you will need an income the same as your current salary (which would be zero for me since I have no income).  Does anyone know of a good calculator that also allows you to include social security?

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
Re: retirement calculators for MMM? No income, early retirement?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
cfiresim.com is pretty good and written by one of our tribe.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian

fdubz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
I'm sure there are better ones out there, but if you already use Personal Capital, you can run their Retirement Planner.  It lets you edit assumptions and tweak things like how much income you want for retirement and you can add social security at a specific date.  It also lets you add other events (like downsize house, etc.)  I like it because of the pretty graph, too!

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:01 AM »
I like Firecalc

ShortInSeattle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »
+1 for Cfiresim.  Firecalc is a little bit easier to use, but has fewer input options.

If you are a Fidelity customer, their Retirement Income Planner is a detailed calculator that allows you to put in any retirement date you like.

SIS

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!