Author Topic: Resources on cross border (US and Canada) finances / taxes / estate planning  (Read 990 times)

FLBiker

• Handlebar Stache
    • Chop Wood Carry FIRE
I'm a US citizen, and me and my family are going to be relocating to Canada as permanent residents in the coming year or so.  We've got a variety of accounts (403b, 457, Roth and Traditional IRA, taxable).  We're not planning to draw from any of them right now, although it's possible that we could draw from the 457.  And, in the future, we hope to be both US and Canadian citizens, and we'll have to navigate how to withdraw our money / pay taxes.  I'd be grateful for any helpful resources, specifically those aimed at dual citizens.  I'm also interested in how this impacts our estate planning.  We'll certainly engage a lawyer once we're settled to update our wills (or write new ones) but I'd like to educate myself as much as possible as well.  Thanks!

FLBiker

• Handlebar Stache
    • Chop Wood Carry FIRE
To answer my own post, I just found this: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/solutions/cross-border-banking/#/content3

I'm still interested in any resources aimed at US / Canada dual residents, though.  Thanks!