Author Topic: Refi a house - Credible.com vs. Sofi.com vs. Better.com - opinons & experiences?  (Read 2346 times)

reverend

• Stubble
I'm getting the GF to refi her house, so I was curious about experiences and thoughts about these three options?

She's currently about 6 years in on a 30 year fixed with Wells Fargo around 4.5 APR (I haven't looked at the exact number) but over 4 means it's time to save.

HydroJim

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I had the best luck with lending tree and arcadia financial

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
I've always had good luck with aimloan.

LateStarter1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Just used SoFI and they had the best rate for our refi. Smoothest refi/purchase ive ever had.

reverend

• Stubble
Thanks for the replies.

She's reached out to Wells Fargo to see what they say.

Meanwhile, Credible offered a slew of options, many of which included paying a certain amount of points to get the APR down.  Sort of weird, but I mean, anyone can pay down points on any loan to get a better APR, so I don't know what their point is to show that.

I'll have get give Sofi and Better a go too and see what they say, and look into AimLoan and LendingTree and Arcadia Financial too.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks for the replies.

She's reached out to Wells Fargo to see what they say.

Meanwhile, Credible offered a slew of options, many of which included paying a certain amount of points to get the APR down.  Sort of weird, but I mean, anyone can pay down points on any loan to get a better APR, so I don't know what their point is to show that.

I'll have get give Sofi and Better a go too and see what they say, and look into AimLoan and LendingTree and Arcadia Financial too.

I'm seeing a lot of rates quoted that include paying points, and it really annoys me. I ended up going through my credit union for 2.9 on a 15 year.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
I used bankrate.com, which also offers a handful of options.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
Had a great experience with aimloan. Stay away from loan depot. Had a horrible experience 5 years ago. A few of my friends had terrible experiences with Wells Fargo.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache

Seconded.  We specifically chose Homefinity thru bankrate.com, this was last October.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache

Seconded.  We specifically chose Homefinity thru bankrate.com, this was last October.

We are also using Homefinity. Did they end up selling your loan to someone else, or are they holding onto it?

HPstache

• Magnum Stache

We are also using Homefinity. Did they end up selling your loan to someone else, or are they holding onto it?

Hi Five!! Haha.  They sold it, but they also told us up front that they would.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!