Author Topic: Recommend a phone network?  (Read 1271 times)

Tango-16

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Recommend a phone network?
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm trying to cut costs at all...costs... and I'm focusing on lowering or canceling subscriptions at the moment.
I'm with Verizon and I have a ~$245 monthly bill. For my job I use my phone constantly so I used to justify this payment that way. Not that I'm looking to stop being an idiot I"m trying to figure out what service I can use or and options I should pursue to lower that cost.
Unlimiited data is really hopeful but if that's just being spoiled I'll settle with whatever. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks a ton in advance. Great unique community you guys have here. Loving it so far.

-Tango 16

civil4life

• Bristles
    • My Journal
Re: Recommend a phone network?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Total Wireless is on the verizon network.  I pay $25 a month unlimited text and talk plus $10 per 5 gb of data as needed.  You can buy plans with data, but the data does not rollover.  It is cheaper for me to buy the data separate since I use about 3 gb a month.  I was able to bring my own phone.  They do have options to by phones.  They do have a selection of the newest phones and some of the lower end ones.  I recently bought another phone on ebay and just had to replace the sim card.

I have had it about a year now and have not had any problems with it.

Plus it has Ebates discount of 11%.  I think it is only good for the phones.  A few months back they ran a special with 64% off.  I bought a few phones and resold on Ebay for a profit.

Anyway if you are interested they have a rewards program.  If you use my code both of us would get a free month PASO-30C4.

Before that I tried Mint.  Its reception was not as great, but not horrible.  The biggest issue I had is that the voicemail would pick up too quickly and every spam call created a voice mail.

MatthewK

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »
So do you still use your phone constantly or you use to? If your situation has changed and you don't use it as much anymore then definitely check out Red Pocket mobile. You can pick any network and more than likely use the phone you have. If you still need super quick cellular data than not sure how it will work for you. Someone said that with aftermarket providers don't get prioritized on the networks. Myself, I haven't noticed but I mostly text/talk and use WIFI for data. I bought a years service worth on ebay for $169....that  includes 1000min/1G data/unlimited text monthly for the ENTIRE YEAR. Service has been flawless, I'm on AT&T network. You can also buy plans directly from their site.

Tango-16

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »
Total Wireless is on the verizon network.  I pay $25 a month unlimited text and talk plus $10 per 5 gb of data as needed.  You can buy plans with data, but the data does not rollover.  It is cheaper for me to buy the data separate since I use about 3 gb a month.  I was able to bring my own phone.  They do have options to by phones.  They do have a selection of the newest phones and some of the lower end ones.  I recently bought another phone on ebay and just had to replace the sim card.

I have had it about a year now and have not had any problems with it.

Plus it has Ebates discount of 11%.  I think it is only good for the phones.  A few months back they ran a special with 64% off.  I bought a few phones and resold on Ebay for a profit.

Anyway if you are interested they have a rewards program.  If you use my code both of us would get a free month PASO-30C4.

Before that I tried Mint.  Its reception was not as great, but not horrible.  The biggest issue I had is that the voicemail would pick up too quickly and every spam call created a voice mail.

Want to thank you both for taking the time to reply! Will be checking into them!