Author Topic: Real Estate Blogging  (Read 1996 times)

Beriberi

• Stubble
Real Estate Blogging
« on: May 08, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
It seems that it is hard to find opinionated, non-commercial biased blogs about real estate that is currently on the market.  Something like "Favorite Home in Omaha".  Sure, lots of people are blogging about real estate in Omaha, but they are all realtors who are writing about their listings. And from the quality and frequency of the updates, it seems unlikely that anyone is listening.

Is it possible that there is some kind of technical or legal barrier to doing this? If I wanted to browse Zillow for pictures and information about "Best of Omaha" houses and write it up, would I get shut down?  I used to read a few blogs like this, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Can't figure out if this is an unfilled niche on the internet (seems kind of impossible) or something that is prohibited and policed by MLS rules.

Thanks!

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Real Estate Blogging
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:44:24 AM »
I think heres what happens.   Someone starts a decent blog and as soon as it generates any decent traffic the blog owner sells out to the man to make some money.  ( Cant blame them)

Beriberi

• Stubble
Re: Real Estate Blogging
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:08:31 PM »
Kroaler- Maybe right - but I can't find any at any stage (unless they are sponsored by someone working in the field).  It just seems like there might be some kind of legal barrier to reposting MLS info?  Thanks for weighing in.