Author Topic: Questions about details in a case study  (Read 2206 times)

taking fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Questions about details in a case study
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:36:25 AM »
I'm going to do a case study, but I am terrible about putting out more than enough information. Should I stick to the case study guideline or would it be okay to throw in a little back story? Be warned, if I do, it will be a book. lol

Would more information about my situation be helpful or a hinder?

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
Re: Questions about details in a case study
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:49:20 AM »
Since we have no way of knowing what information may be present in your book there is no answer to give.

What I would do is just follow the template and answer any follow up questions people may have. Take some time with that though, as in wait a while and see if there are any common follow up questions or confusions that may be clarified with a little background. Then give that background/answers.

taking fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »
I think this may be the best course of action. I really don't want too much personal info on the internet, but I know that the details are needed to get accurate answers.

Thank you.

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 06:53:30 AM »
Potentially a little back story is helpful, but not so much that it sounds like excuses. If it's something like, "I didn't start my career until age 27 because I was in grad school" to account for lower savings and higher student loans, that's fine. Or "I'm disabled so I have to stay in my house that's equipped for my needs" kinds of things. But not, "I have to keep my Mazda sports car because I want to" kinds of things. :)

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:35 AM »
Also remember that walls of text are a turnoff. We're internet peoples. Short and snappy. ;)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!