Author Topic: Question about Mint  (Read 2999 times)

CerebralPrimate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Question about Mint
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:06 AM »
Color me technologically stunted, but I cant figure out how to add income from rental properties to Mint. It lets you add properties, and even attaches a value (way off, but its nice that they tried) and you can even add a mortgage... but I cant seem to find where you can add the income from those properties.

I'd definitely be grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction...

Tempe

• Stubble
Re: Question about Mint
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:22:15 AM »
I believe you would have to manually enter the income in each month. *edit* Or categorize it into something like they said below.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:29:26 AM by Tempe »

Ohio Teacher

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:26 AM »
When you deposit a check to your bank, it will show up in your transactions.  You would then itemize it just like you would any other line in the transactions section.   There is a choice of Income - Rental Income.

CerebralPrimate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 12:52:54 AM »
Ah, got it... BIG Thanks!

Also, just checking that it's not my Comp... does anyone else have trouble viewing Mint with Firefox? Works fine on Chrome, but for some reason the site doesnt seem to like my Firefox. Of course, it could just be the security add-ons I typically use...

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:40:34 AM »

CerebralPrimate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 02:38:19 AM »
I'm a finance guy, so I have my properties spreadsheeted. Could do it much better if I put effort in to making something nicer, but what I have works for now.