Author Topic: Prepaid Tablet Data/SIM That Doesn't Expire?  (Read 4106 times)

sf56

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Prepaid Tablet Data/SIM That Doesn't Expire?
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Sorry in advance as I'm sure this is a popular topic, but I was not able to find a match using the built-in or Google search.

Is there such a thing as a prepaid data SIM that does not expire? My company bought me an AT&T iPad which I use several times a week over Wi-Fi. It is not currently setup with a cell plan. There are times that I travel without Wi-Fi access and would like to take it with me. I have the bare minimum plan on my phone and don't think tethering is possible. If I could spend $25 or $30 to buy some data that does not expire it would be nice to have in my bag as an emergency connection. Everything I have found is $X per YGB of data expiring every month OR add to your cell plan for an additional $X per month. I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the monthly expense, just looking to have a few GBs stashed away incase I need them in the future.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:45:06 PM by sf56 »

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
Re: Prepaid Tablet Data/SIM That Doesn't Expire?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:36:44 AM »
There really is no such thing. However, T-Mobile does offer a free 200MB/month deal for tablets. If that iPad is carrier unlocked, you might be able to qualify for it.

http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/bring-your-own-tablet.html

sf56

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Prepaid Tablet Data/SIM That Doesn't Expire?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think all iPads are unlocked but doubt every model could work with every carrier. I will give it a shot the next time I am in town.