Author Topic: Pergo "Outlast" flooring - Any experience?  (Read 2611 times)

CarpeDime

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Pergo "Outlast" flooring - Any experience?
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
After 130 years of foot traffic and re-sanding, our trusty 1888 hardwood floors have officially reached the end of their life.   

We're considering one of Pergo's high-end, waterproof product lines as a replacement (either "Outlast" at $2.79/sq ft, or the newer "Timbercraft" at $2.99/sq ft).  Does anyone have experience with these, how they hold up, and how realistic they look?  Both Outlast and Timbercraft come with a residential lifetime warranty (which is nice, since the floors will be contending with kids and a greyhound), but I'm worried they're going to look and/or feel plastic-y under foot.  The samples look decent, but it's difficult to visualize entire rooms with it.

We're not planning to sell our house for a long time (20+ years), so the immediate impact of this decision on the value of the house isn't really a consideration. 

Jrr85

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Pergo "Outlast" flooring - Any experience?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 08:04:36 AM »
After 130 years of foot traffic and re-sanding, our trusty 1888 hardwood floors have officially reached the end of their life.   

We're considering one of Pergo's high-end, waterproof product lines as a replacement (either "Outlast" at $2.79/sq ft, or the newer "Timbercraft" at $2.99/sq ft).  Does anyone have experience with these, how they hold up, and how realistic they look?  Both Outlast and Timbercraft come with a residential lifetime warranty (which is nice, since the floors will be contending with kids and a greyhound), but I'm worried they're going to look and/or feel plastic-y under foot.  The samples look decent, but it's difficult to visualize entire rooms with it.

We're not planning to sell our house for a long time (20+ years), so the immediate impact of this decision on the value of the house isn't really a consideration.

Can't help you with the individual product, but I've been on laminate floors where I had to reach down and tap it to figure out if it was wood or not.  I believe that has always been with a product glued onto concrete.  Not sure if I've seen any that convincing on a conventional foundation or second floor.  But to my knowledge I've never been on a "floating" laminate floor that felt right.  Even floating manufactured wood seems to be "off", or maybe I've been on floating floors that I've assumed were glued down because the install was better. 

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »
6 years ago we installed pergo vinyl that looks like wood and it still looks like new with 4 dogs.

Scrapr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
buy & install sand in place wood floors. After living with floors from 1888 you will definately know the difference on laminate floors

We had sand in place floors in our previous home. Changed the color once to a lighter stain. We loved them. Our present home is laminate. We will change them at the end of life