Author Topic: Outgoing Caller ID with GV and Talkatone  (Read 3519 times)

onemorebike

• Bristles
Outgoing Caller ID with GV and Talkatone
« on: September 19, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »
Anyone out there fix the issue of having your outgoing calls show up as your throwaway/pre-paid number instead of your GV when calling friends?

help please?

-Dave

Left

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Outgoing Caller ID with GV and Talkatone
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:52:04 AM »
send them at text, and when they reply to it, you'll have a new number that google assigns them. Use this number to call them to get it to show up as google number. this might have changed but it still works for me after a year of using it

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
Re: Outgoing Caller ID with GV and Talkatone
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »
I think they are referring to the # that shows on their friend's phone. I have the same issue where if I place a call from my prepaid dumb phone it shows that number on the person's caper ID. Some of my friends have saved it but that's a potential problem as I had an instance last month where that # was used as part of a MMS chain of 40 messages which T-Mobile charges at a rate of $0.25/each. All of those were people responding and none from me. It ended up not costing me the full $10 I was expecting so I may only be charged if they download to my phone. As a side note, you can't block text/multimedia messages on prepaid lines per t-mobile's site.