Author Topic: Outdoor Furniture Cushions  (Read 2300 times)

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
Outdoor Furniture Cushions
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »
What is the most affordable place to buy outdoor furniture cushions? The prices at Lowes and HD are outrageous.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
Re: Outdoor Furniture Cushions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »
I bought some at Family Dollar last year. Aldi has some in stock.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »
I got some nice ones on clearance at Home Depot at the end of the season. Otherwise sometimes IKEA seems to have inexpensive ones.

Mountainbug

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
Costco has them $10 for 2 last year

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 06:56:40 AM »
Oh goodie, I can give a classic MMM response:
Why do you want them? What good are they? You have to keep them out of the rain. They get dirty, how,do you wash them? you dont really NEEd them. Haha, but true.

Some years ago we visited our friends’ weekend lake house. They had outdoor seating, with cushions. We were outdoors, a storm came up, the woman of the house shooed us in, and then went outdoors to retrieve the cushions. She put them carefully away.

Sun came out, we moved back outside. Cushions came out.

Overcast again, light rain. Remove cushions? Yes. We stayed outside because it was barely raining and we did have chairs after all. It was nicer  outside.

There was SO mUCH fussing about cushions.

A couple of years ago someone gave  us present—two outdoor chairs with cushions. I moved my mouth in a smile pattern and thanksed them, but hated the gift. Had to use the fugly things for two years before
I could rid myself of them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:58:18 AM by iris lily »

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »
We sit outside a *lot* in the summer, and I don't bring the cushions in every time it rains.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
We sit outside a *lot* in the summer, and I don't bring the cushions in every time it rains.
when they are wet then, what happens? You just sit on them and get Wet Butt?

Mtngrl

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
When our outdoor furniture that required cushions wore out, we replaced them with chairs that don't require cushions. Cheaper, easier to care for and they work just fine. (We bought the chairs at a big box store. They are simple, iron-and-canvas chairs that stack. We found two and had to ask someone who worked there to help us find two more. He showed us where the chairs were, but stopped on the way there to point out a cushioned set that cost 5 times the price of the chairs we were buying. "You should get those," he said. "They're really nice."
"These fit our budget better and will do just fine," my husband said as he hefted two more chairs.

(And on a side note: our puppy chewed up one of the chairs from the set of four. We made plans to buy a replacement, but were walking around the neighborhood a few days later and saw two identical chairs (except for very faded canvas) sitting out by the trash. The neighbor was out in his yard and we asked if we could have the chairs. "Uh, sure. But they're really faded." We brought them home, found a can of red spray paint on the shelf in the garage and painted up one of the chairs. It looks great. We can't even remember which is the replacement chair now. And we have the other one stashed in case me need it one day.)

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
when they are wet then, what happens? You just sit on them and get Wet Butt?

Outdoor fabric is pretty water resistent. It dries off really fast. Unless it's been pouring rain, I just brush off the cushions. It they are really wet, I prop them up in the sun and let them dry.

Outdoor cushions are easy to recover, too, and you can buy outdoor fabric at JoAnn's, with a coupon, of course.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »
Ah well, I am intractable about this issue, no cushions for us.

I like “honeycomb” stlye lawn furniture and when buying, try to get used sets that are of higher quality than the big box store junk now sold.I consider these a classic material.

Fortunately, I am old and probably will not be buying any more patio sets, they all will outlive me.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!