Author Topic: Oh no...I have an expensive cookware problem :(  (Read 5248 times)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
  • resting up for 2020
Re: Oh no...I have an expensive cookware problem :(
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
I strive to have fewer things of higher quality.  When I pass away and my grandchildren come to clear out my house, I hope they'll look at my stuff and say "Wow, look at all this great, high quality stuff!" and fight over who gets to take it home, rather than sigh sadly at the memory of their "hoarder" grandpa and argue whether it is worth taking all his junk to Goodwill or straight to the landfill. 

I have relatives fighting over who gets what while a parent is still alive. You do not want this, trust me.

ROF Expat

• Stubble
Re: Oh no...I have an expensive cookware problem :(
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 03:46:03 PM »
I strive to have fewer things of higher quality.  When I pass away and my grandchildren come to clear out my house, I hope they'll look at my stuff and say "Wow, look at all this great, high quality stuff!" and fight over who gets to take it home, rather than sigh sadly at the memory of their "hoarder" grandpa and argue whether it is worth taking all his junk to Goodwill or straight to the landfill. 

I have relatives fighting over who gets what while a parent is still alive. You do not want this, trust me.

It is more of a philosophical point than an actual issue for me since I only have one child.  I have seen families divided by inheritance issues, though, and I hope never to have something like that in my own family.