Author Topic: Budget Shaving?  (Read 1628 times)

redwood_canyon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Budget Shaving?
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
Currently I am looking for a new safety razor. Rn I have an antique Gillette, but want to try a new and adjustable razor. Currently I am looking at the Parker Variant, which is very expensive but looks like it would be really good for me. I was wondering if anyone has advice on this topic. I have used my old safety razor on and off for a few years, but have always gotten weepers and issues that have put me off of shaving daily. Now I am taking a renewed interest in being clean shaven daily and will try everything to overcome those issues.

I was also looking at trying a cheap barber straight razor which is $10 on amazon with 100 blades. Has anyone tried one of these, or has any recommendations on how to move into that shaving category.

I have chosen to go this method due to cost effectiveness, so if you have any tips or product recommendations feel free to chime in. Thank you!

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
Re: Budget Shaving?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »
I bought 2 safety razors on Amazon about the same price. One broke after about 10 uses, the other one is fantastic. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKHIDRA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ecky

• Bristles
Re: Budget Shaving?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 08:03:10 PM »
I have one that looks identical to the Weshi. The "butterfly open" is a really nice feature that allows easy rinsing of hair from The blade.

Regarding weepers, I've found I get them when my blades are new (first shave or two), and when they're too old. I get a lot of really nice shaves in between.

I get my best shaves with just water. I find it's best to dampen my skin a few minutes before I shave, to let it soften a little.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!