Author Topic: Nitroid TV  (Read 16943 times)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Nitroid TV
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »
http://www.nitroidtv.com/

Anyone out there using this.  Looking for feedback.  Appears that it just accesses all the online sites and allows you to stream them to your TV for 165 bucks one time fee for hardware.  even shows live sports. 

feedback if used appreciated

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
Re: Nitroid TV
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »
Yeahhhhh call me a cynic, but people who register to give glowing reviews of products as their first post always make me uncomfortable.

Box is running XBMC/Kodi, which you can run on your PC/laptop if you have a convenient way to hook it up to your TV.  As to claims about live sports and especially "movies still in the theatre," the sources of these are shady at best, and more realistically mostly illegal/pirate.  You can download Kodi and go through all the add ons at no cost to you to see if it *really* meets your needs.  I suspect you will find it does not.  Great piece of software, and it's not Kodi's fault that there's not enough real streaming content sources.  I run it for my own local video collection.

I used to work on a competing piece of open source software to XBMC/Kodi, and actually wrote an modular online streaming plugin for it.  There's just not enough legitimate content to make it a true TV replacement over something like Sling TV, which looks pretty promising.

nanu

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
^^^
I'm with him, especially on the person that happened so sign up to glorify a product that I never heard about before.
Besides that, there's a bunch of spelling mistakes on the website that make it seem even less believable ("F&Q" instead of "FAQ"? Are you serious?)

XBMC/Kodi is awesome for watching content that's already on your machine (using a remote for example), not as much for streaming.

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:00:51 PM »
^^ Registered today, posted 7 totally nonsensical replies within 2 minutes to up post count, then respond for the first time with > 5 words to this.  You're learning!

Mods, same IP address?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:03:31 PM by iamlindoro »

wtjbatman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:08 PM »
Since buying Nitroid tv® I've lost weight and my sex life has improved.

Thanks Nitroid® *thumbs up*

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »
Since buying Nitroid tv® I've lost weight and my sex life has improved.

Thanks Nitroid® *thumbs up*

And this is why the forum needs a like button.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »
I bought a Nitroid TV this morning based on the totally legit reviews in this thread, and now my dog's cancer is in remission.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 05:39:47 AM »
whats really hillarious is i emailed the guy and no response from over a month ago.  but he is scanning forums and google searches trying to sell his crap product

nanu

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 06:52:54 AM »
^^ Registered today, posted 7 totally nonsensical replies within 2 minutes to up post count, then respond for the first time with > 5 words to this.  You're learning!

Mods, same IP address?
The post you were referring to was deleted and now you're accusing me of supporting this scheme... :'(

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 07:51:25 AM »

Mods, same IP address?
The post you were referring to was deleted and now you're accusing me of supporting this scheme... :'(

Awww, well just for clarification for anyone following up on this later, nanu isn't one of the two screen names (likely a single person) who joined only to shill this product of questionable quality only to delete the posts when caught. :)

nanu

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 07:54:54 AM »
Thank you :)

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:38 AM »
Boarder42, looks like the guy is just reselling this box:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Best-Low-Price-Full-Xbmc-13_60093121811.html

Seems to be available from a bunch of locations, but here's one for about $65:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXIII-Amlogic-S802-2-0GHz-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-4-2-Octa-Core-GPU-4K2K-TV-BOX-HDMI-HDD-Player-1G-8G-Built-in-XBMC-Miracast-DLNA-OTG---Black-330268.html

Maybe take a look at Kodi on your PC, including all the addons listed in this ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NITROID-TV-XBMC-GOTHAM-13-2-QUAD-CORE-ANDROID-PRELOADED-SMART-TV-4K-UHD-/111548777938

All the addons are free and can be installed directly from Kodi.  If you find that it works well for you and you want to buy an appliance, it seems you can spend less than half as much and not support someone who wants to do business in a shady way.  For me, since I use my TV as a second monitor for my PC, I don't personally have the need for the appliance.

jackfrost69911

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
I was skeptical to purchase this box because of all the negativity on this site, but I went ahead and ordered the Nitroid anyway. At first it was a little hard to use but eventually I picked it up. There is a learning curve to this box, but it does everything the website says it does. The nitroid runs a custom version of Kodi called Nitroid TV, this version is not available anywhere online. It is specifically designed for this Nitroid XD4. They also have there own custom wizard, what this wizard does is it constantly updates the box to make sure everything is working and up to date all the time. If you love sports like I do the nitroid is the box for you, it has a addon called  hq zone this addon is a sports addon that on any other box would cost $16.00 a month but on the nitroid box this addon is there free with unlimited use and no monthly cost. I have attached picture proof below of the box.

[attachment deleted by admin]

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »
More sign-up-then-shill-in-the-first-post.  Shocking.

Edit to add: And just for the record, the above post shares the same poor grammar, capitalization, and spelling as the deleted posts by different screennames (all of which had the same scheme of genericnamenumber).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:50:04 AM by iamlindoro »

MustachianAccountant

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »
http://www.nitroidtv.com/

Anyone out there using this.  Looking for feedback.  Appears that it just accesses all the online sites and allows you to stream them to your TV for 165 bucks one time fee for hardware.  even shows live sports. 

feedback if used appreciated

PlayOn.tv and PlayLater do the same thing, and you don't need to buy a super expensive special box for it - they support pretty much any TV streaming device. We use it with our Roku.

FarmerPete

• Bristles
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
Does NitroidTV have ESPN 8?  I can't live without "The Ocho".  Sure, I could replicate the NitroidTV with just about any Android stick out there for a fraction of the price, but those don't come with "The Ocho", and I'd rather take a bath in acid than live in a world without the Ocho.

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »
Does NitroidTV have ESPN 8?  I can't live without "The Ocho".  Sure, I could replicate the NitroidTV with just about any Android stick out there for a fraction of the price, but those don't come with "The Ocho", and I'd rather take a bath in acid than live in a world without the Ocho.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for him.