Author Topic: Newbie would like to start investing in ETF  (Read 1476 times)

AndriusInvest

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Newbie would like to start investing in ETF
« on: January 26, 2019, 02:09:28 PM »
Hello, Mustachians,
I am newbie here and looking to start building my investment portfolio. At the moment I am thinking to start investing in ETF, but still do not know which platform I should use. I would like to start investing 100 EUR every month at first year just for beginning. Could you offer any starting platform with low taxes?
Any advice would be appreciated.

redwood_canyon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Newbie would like to start investing in ETF
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »
I personally use Schwab and love their excellent customer service. I am sure a few other mustachians can testify to Schwab. I dont have too much experience, but did have a Capital one investment account at one point which was a mess. However my grandmother has used both Schwab and Fidelity her whole life and all in all likes Schwab better.

The interface is also quite nice. You can call, go online, or use a smartphone app to do nearly anything with your account. Not to mention the Investor Checking account with a 0.04% apr, Atm fee reimbursements all over the world, and how accessible it is to transfer money between accounts. Happy trails my friend!

Sorry I dont know much about the ETF's they offer, but I do know they offer some low fee ones.

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
    • The Upwardly Mobile Life
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:31:37 PM »
Schwab and Vanguard are great options.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 06:50:52 PM »
Since you're investing EUR's, we'll need to know what country you are in to know what tax options you have.

AndriusInvest

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:24:43 AM »
Thank you for replies. I am from Lithuania.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!