Author Topic: New Dishwasher  (Read 3581 times)

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
New Dishwasher
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
Yes Yes I know probably some mustachians are ready with their daggers to throw them at me... But it's my wife's requirement! :D

Anyhow, still having mustachian genes i am trying to score the best deal in terms of reliability.

Which brand would you think it's best?

I come from Europe and I am used to Bosch and Miele, but these things here are way overexpensive on this side of the ocean! If a Bosch of Miele that cost around 800 euros are ALREADY SUPER PREMIUM prices... here it seems a miele goes to almost 2k!!! No thanks, especially in this age where everything is crap with their electronics and other second level parts. My grandmothers Miele and Bosch's appliances - washer, dryer and dishwasher last from the 60's !!! to mid 2000's without ever being serviced !!! she was so pissed when one part broke and they didn't manufacture that part anymore otherwise she would have kept it.

I have read that these appliances being a piece of crap, the best ones to choose are the ones that have their diagrams and part kinda like Open Source in the computing world. From my research this means Whirlpool and their sub-brands and Maytag which makes anyone to be able to service the machines rather than official over priced agents where they dont disclose their diagrams at all.

I've been scourching Craigslist for about 5 weeks now in about 5-7 different areas but nothing seems really appealing - everything in the 300+ range and even these are dishwashers from 2005 which make them 10 years old!! ... for not much more i can get a new one.

I was thinking Sears Outlet coupled with 10% cashback from portals.

I could get a KitchenAid (Whirlpool sub brand) KDTE104DSS that goes for 800-900 at stores for about 450 with 1 year manufacture warranty (which with credit card would extended to 2 year).

What say you about Kitchen Aid? Reliable? Good brand?

If you have any other input regarding dish washers be my guest my hears are all open even for used DW from Craigslist!

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
Re: New Dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »
I would hand wash my dishes until I could find a good price on a used dishwasher, whether from craigslist, an estate sale auction, a money saver, or whatever they have in Europe. If your wife insists on a new one and you can't talk her out of it, then maybe consider it, because happy wife happy life.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:11:51 PM »
I'm not in Europe in in the US... As for the requirement is not a requirement to be new.... Is only a requirement to have a dishwasher  :D

Dcheesi thanks I'll read your topic too

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:41 AM »
Sears Outlet. You can haggle there. Find one that has a part missing you don't care about (like "barbecue skewers basket" or something silly like that).

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »
I'm thinking of buying it in a normal Lowes instead of CL ... for the price we can get at Lowes from CL I'd rather have something with a warranty.

My MO will be buying gift cards from gift card markets discounted - usually 10%. Also I have coupons from Lowes that give you 10% discount which you can use with GCs.

Then Ill use a shopping portal which gives you 5% cashback. And then, I still get the miles on my card that is nothing special but I value them at least 0.02 dollars each.

All in all I can get a 650 USD dishwasher at Lowes for a final price of 470 USD by acummulating these discounts.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »
Sears Outlet. You can haggle there. Find one that has a part missing you don't care about (like "barbecue skewers basket" or something silly like that).

Hmmm... you can haggle prices easily at Sears Outlet? I though their prices would be the listed prices at their website... do you think one can reasonably get it a bit lower from what they list on the website?

Because if they do... I can buy also discounted GCs from Lands End which sell with around 12% discount from face value ... i dont think they have coupons like lowes but if they get it lower enough... good thing is they come still wit warramty

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!