Author Topic: New company benefit Adestinn, has anyone used it?  (Read 8574 times)

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
New company benefit Adestinn, has anyone used it?
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »
Hi MMMers,

My company has a new benefit from Adestinn. It appears to be a matching program for saving for a vacation. Does anyone here have experience with it? If so is it worth it? If they jack up the prices it seems like it would not be worth it. Hoping someone here has experience with it. Thanks!

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
Re: New company benefit Adestinn, has anyone used it?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »
Have you read all the terms and conditions?

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:41 PM »
No, not yet. I didn't want to go that far into it if someone here already knows it's not worth it.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:50:02 PM »
You probably could've gotten your answer already by just reading the t&c, but okay.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
You probably could've gotten your answer already by just reading the t&c, but okay.

So, tell us how that went for you.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »

So, tell us how that went for you.

Why would I read the t&c? I'm not the one who wants this information.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:58:30 PM »
Well, you did take the time to sneer at the OP.

So, thanks for your effort on that anyway.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
Well, you did take the time to sneer at the OP.

So, thanks for your effort on that anyway.

Only because the OP implied I was asking a ridiculous question.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 09:58:09 AM »
Sorry, but nowhere did I imply it was a ridiculous question. Your asking me if I read the T&C was valid, the issue I have is that it requires an account setup and a bunch of personal information etc., that I was not necessarily wanting to give to Adestinn if it would be all for nothing. The intent of my post was to find out if other MMM people had heard of or used this and any words of wisdom they might have for me.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »
Sorry, but nowhere did I imply it was a ridiculous question. Your asking me if I read the T&C was valid, the issue I have is that it requires an account setup and a bunch of personal information etc., that I was not necessarily wanting to give to Adestinn if it would be all for nothing. The intent of my post was to find out if other MMM people had heard of or used this and any words of wisdom they might have for me.

Really? Because to me, your statement
No, not yet. I didn't want to go that far into it if someone here already knows it's not worth it.
implies "Why the hell are you asking me this? Why would I bother reading some boring t&c if I can just ask somebody instead?"

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 01:25:23 PM »

implies "Why the hell are you asking me this? Why would I bother reading some boring t&c if I can just ask somebody instead?"
you read soooooo much more into that than I did.  Could you come over and interpret my nephew's response grunts, so I'll know what he's really thinking?

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 01:30:08 PM »

you read soooooo much more into that than I did.  Could you come over and interpret my nephew's response grunts, so I'll know what he's really thinking?

Certainly. He thinks you don't spend enough on him. Because that's what aunts and uncles are supposed to do, duh.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:32:18 PM by johnny847 »

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 02:22:43 PM »

Certainly. He thinks you don't spend enough on him. Because that's what aunts and uncles are supposed to do, duh.
You are dead right on that one!  :) 

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »

Wow, REALLY? I now think maybe you are just a troll looking for an argument.
Mods feel free to delete this thread, I don't need this grief.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »

Not that you're going to do this, but if you did look at my post history, you'd see that no, I'm not a troll.
If I did want to argue for the sake of arguing, I'd be posting on the climate change talking past each other thread.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 05:43:07 AM »

Not that you're going to do this, but if you did look at my post history, you'd see that no, I'm not a troll.
If I did want to argue for the sake of arguing, I'd be posting on the climate change talking past each other thread.

I've read and respected much of your post history, and I think you're really off-base in this case. If I were new or newish, I'd have taken you for a troll, too.

In the meantime, the OP asked for anyone with experience with this potential benefit and has gotten, not only no feedback at all, but a lot of grief for asking. This is not typical of these forums, which is one of the reasons I hang out here.

OP, I can't be actually useful, sorry. Never hard of the company or anything like them.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 07:52:43 AM »
I had never heard of Adestinn before this thread, but...

What has helped me in the past is to set up a fake profile with a junk Mailinator email address.  That way I get to see the terms/results/options/whatever without giving away my info.  I'm not sure if that will work with Adestinn or if they will be checking your info to an employer-provided employee listing.

Taking a quick look around their site, my guess is that their profit comes from working as a travel agent, maybe showing you higher prices on rooms/flights though they bargain with hotels and such for lower rates (that would not be passed on to you).  You can see that the travel options are limited.  It looks like you would need to actually vacation through them to receive (vest?) that match and that you couldn't just use it to get yourself a savings increase.