Author Topic: Neilsen TV family?  (Read 2724 times)

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
Neilsen TV family?
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
Got a mailed survey by Neilsen Ratings, husband filled it out (for a $1 bill) and sent it in a week or two ago.

Just got a hang tag on the front door with a rep's business card, asking us to schedule an appointment to discuss our participation. From what I've been able to google, if we do participate, they'll want to install some electronics on our TV, and we'll have to make sure to turn on the monitoring equipment every time we watch and hit a button during viewing to make sure we're paying attention. And for that, we will get paid something ($20?) and have a possibility of random gifts the longer we stay with them.

I figure this is something kind of fun, (we do regularly watch some programs, but we don't have cable), and the money would cover our Netflix account, so a nice little side hustle.

Anyone do this? Any other info to know about that will help us figure out if this is something we'll want to do?

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Neilsen TV family?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:09:10 AM »
I've never done the electronic version, but have been selected for the paper version multiple times in the past.  Get a few $ and a few trinkets (I think we got kitchen utensils) for a few extra minutes of time.  I call it worthwhile since otherwise I would have gotten nothing in return for that time.  :-)

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:41:38 AM »
We got one in the mail last year (and $2). Found it pretty funny because we don't have cable or internet. The survey did have a check box for DVDs though. Even if we had cable I wouldn't have participated because the monitoring just creeps me out.
I think I took the $2 and splurged at the used bookstore, thanks Neilsen!

I am interested in how it's all conducted so keep us posted!

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »
I got selected a few years ago. They came in an attached a box to each television to get data, and that was it. I never had to do anything else. I got $50-$100 a quarter until I moved.

justajane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »
I wish they would invite us. We watch a few shows in the evening, and it would be nice to feel like we were earning something for doing it, however little it was.