Author Topic: Need noise-cancelling product for sleeping in close proxmity to a MAJOR snorer  (Read 11449 times)

BlueSky45

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My husband used to be a horrible snorer until he lost weight.  We noticed that he snored worse when he was sleeping on his back.  Would your mother be willing to put a pillow behind her back to keep her from rolling onto her back at night?  I've also heard of people sewing tennis balls into the back of a pajama top to keep people from sleeping on their back so that they don't snore.  Also, sometimes sleeping with two pillows to lift the neck up higher can work.

Things that work best for me as a really light sleeper:
 - Pink noise app.  I personally wouldn't wear headphones but instead would just put your phone on the bedside table and point the speaker towards yourself.  Some apps have timers so you can leave it on for as long, or short, as you want.
 - Wear the foam or other ear plugs (at a minimum they will muffle the noise).
 - Using either magnesium oil (spray a little on your legs or arms to relax yourself), or drinking a little valerian root about 20 minutes before bed.  Both of these things are natural and they help me relax and sleep deeper so that I'm not waking up due to noises.

Good luck to you!

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
I’m weird and I prefer sleeping in the crack between two pillows instead of on a pillow. It is easier on my neck and provides support right to left. The added bonus here is I have pillows blocking each ear if I sleep like that. Combined with earplugs does a decent job of blocking noise.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
If you don't absolutely need them to be wireless, these might work? https://www.amazon.com/Plugfones-Guardian-Earplug-Earbud-Hybrid-Yellow/dp/B00RW1R81E

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
I’m weird and I prefer sleeping in the crack between two pillows instead of on a pillow.

Definitely my first time hearing of this lol.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
For those of you who are snorers or have snorers in your life, I may have an over-the-counter product that may change your life. It did for me.

I snore. Loudly and randomly.

I recently tried these and as long as I sleep on my side, my snoring has fully gone away. I thought I would hate them but they're actually somewhat comfortable. Honestly, I didn't think they would work. Nose strips do nothing for me. But these "nose cones" really work. Added bonus: my mouth is less dry in the morning.

https://www.maxairnosecones.com/stop-snoring-cure/

Hmm....I see Amazon has some versions of these; never seen these before.  I tend to lean towards products with 4.5 stars...I see some with 4 stars but not higher...

For Amazon, check FakeSpot for the product before just relying on reviews. There are a shocking amount of fake reviews out there.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
Either skip the travel or get separate rooms.

DH has been a snorer ever since I met him. I was mostly able to sleep in the same bed as him, as long as I wore my foam earplugs (I've worn them all my adult life, it's the best sleep aid for me), and as long as he was facing away from me when we fell asleep.

Then last year it suddenly got REALLY bad. He had to sleep in a different room AND I had to wear my earplugs, it was so loud. He finally got a sleep study and ranked as severe on their scale (what a surprise). Now he has a CPAP machine and we can be in the same room again for sleeping. We're going on a 10 day holiday together in a couple of months which would have been impossible before he got the CPAP machine. I would have had no sleep, even with ear plugs (and I'm having trouble believing anything would block out the noise).

Your mother's snoring could easily deteriorate before the next trip, and your make-do cover-ups may not be effective.

Jouer

• Pencil Stache
For those of you who are snorers or have snorers in your life, I may have an over-the-counter product that may change your life. It did for me.

I snore. Loudly and randomly.

I recently tried these and as long as I sleep on my side, my snoring has fully gone away. I thought I would hate them but they're actually somewhat comfortable. Honestly, I didn't think they would work. Nose strips do nothing for me. But these "nose cones" really work. Added bonus: my mouth is less dry in the morning.

https://www.maxairnosecones.com/stop-snoring-cure/

Hmm....I see Amazon has some versions of these; never seen these before.  I tend to lean towards products with 4.5 stars...I see some with 4 stars but not higher...

For Amazon, check FakeSpot for the product before just relying on reviews. There are a shocking amount of fake reviews out there.

All I can say is these ones work for me. Worth every penny. ($25 for 90 days of marital bliss/peace)

frugaliknowit

• Handlebar Stache
I have a similar problem with someone with whom I regularly share a ski condo with (along with a bunch of others...).  NO ONE wants to sleep near him.  He sounds like an idling chain saw when he snores.  He has to sleep separately.

Either get separate rooms (if a hotel/motel) or separate bedrooms (if "AIRBNBing" or "VRBOing"...).

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
Um... the only cure for snoring that I've found is a frying pan to the head.

Jouer

• Pencil Stache

Theirs or yours!

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
Hah!
As a kid I remember my sister not snoring, but breathing loudly. It bothered me so I would go over and pinch her nose shut until she woke up enough to stop making noise. What a horrible sister I was!

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache

Theirs or yours!

Hell, at 3am I'd be willing to go for whichever is easiest!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!