Author Topic: Need help with LTD insurance  (Read 492 times)

frugs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Need help with LTD insurance
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:26:46 PM »
Hey everyone. Wondering where I can go to find long term disability insurance quote aside from Policygenius. I got quotes from them that seems steep and looking for others to compare.

My employer does offer LTD but until open enrollment in November I cannot sign up until open enrollment. Also I am not sure if I can take the policy with me if I separate the employer due to a catastrophe where I can no longer work so feeling more comfortable having my own individual policy.

Does anyone have the name of any website or agent that deals with LTD insurance that I can get a quote from? Very hard to find resources online though this seems like such an important insurance to have.

Please let me know where I can find an agent to get a quote aside from policygenius, as well as any personal experiences you have had when using LTD insurance particularly after separating from employer. I am less concerned about short term financial support - I have enough to cover short term - I am looking for ongoing support if something really catastrophic happens and I am unable to work at all for the rest of my life.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:29:13 PM by frugs »