Author Topic: Need help with auto insurance  (Read 1290 times)

cloudsail

• Pencil Stache
Need help with auto insurance
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
How much do you pay per month and what is your coverage?

I'm having trouble figuring out how much I should be paying and what are areas that I can safely cut back on. I just switched to Allstate's Milewise plan but feel like it might be too high. We are safe drivers and don't have any tickets, claims, etc. I used to be with Metromile. Switched to Allstate because I wanted a better home policy and you have to bundle the auto to get a good rate. Also I really just want one insurance company for all of our stuff.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
Re: Need help with auto insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:09:33 PM »
Auto insurance rates are highly dependent upon location . . . so a poll probably won't be very helpful.

And the most reliable way to decrease your rate is to have an old beater that obviates collision and comprehensive coverage.

It never hurts to shop around, but you have to be careful that you are comparing apples to apples.

Good luck!

cincystache

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:32 PM »
Auto insurance rates are highly dependent upon location . . . so a poll probably won't be very helpful.

And the most reliable way to decrease your rate is to have an old beater that obviates collision and comprehensive coverage.

It never hurts to shop around, but you have to be careful that you are comparing apples to apples.

Good luck!

+1 also depends on your age, driving history, gender, etc.
We pay about 40/month per car.

Archipelago

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
I'm 24 and pay $76/month. It only just went down last year from around $200/month, so I can't complain!