Author Topic: Need help quitting soda  (Read 38021 times)

Forcus

• Pencil Stache
Re: Need help quitting soda
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Thanks for posting that, I try to avoid making any impact on the world around me in any way so this is embarrassing (lol).

Yep, still "clean". Not even drinking a lot of lemonade any more. Generally drink water all day, and at work a coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon. There is some sugar / creamer in both. And then my treat in the evening is a glass of chocolate milk. I don't crave soda at all now and no headaches on caffeine-free days. I also am very aware if I am consuming too much sugar which of course soda has a lot of.

tlars699

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
Congratualtions, Forcus!!

Forcus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
Congratualtions, Forcus!!

Thanks, now if I could only see some result (i.e. lost weight), I'd be happy. lol.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
Neat to hear about people being able to quit soda!  I have been drinking club soda and root beer stevia drops (from amazon) for a long time now and am soooo happy about this. Sometimes, I also use vanilla cream steavia, which tastes like a cream soda.

I have to wonder if the soda addiction is a sugar addiction? I recently watched this movie and it really opened my eyes to how much sugar is in my diet! I did the 10 day challenge at the end of the video and I can't CAN'T believe how much better I feel! I'm also down 2 lb.

http://m.zumvo.com/watch-fed-up-2014-4637

(Click on the big arrow on the top left of the screen to start).

Carini

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:37 PM »
I didn't read through the thread, but I can tell you what worked awesome for me. Seltzer. Sugar free, calorie free, flavored, carbonated water.  I'm totally hooked on it now and there are no negatives to drinking it. And it is dirt cheap.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »
STOP IT! Just stop it. Stop it.
 Reminded me of the SNL skit with Bob Newhart (haven't read the whole thread - so someone may have brought this up already).