Author Topic: Need feature ideas/feedback. Building a financial spreadsheet template  (Read 1879 times)

themagicman

• Bristles
As a side project, I am going to be building a financial spreadsheet template. My goal would be to make this spreadsheet customizable to an individuals situation and should be easy to use. I was hoping that some people in the community would help me with some features that they would like to see in a spreadsheet. What is mint/personal capital/your own spreadsheet/YNAB not providing you that you wish was a feature?

The more I learn about excel to more I realized that anything is possible in it so please do not think there are any impossible/stupid suggestions!

Also, I would love to post the template throughout the development here for further tips about format/layout/features as I start to create it.

Any suggestions are helpful! Thanks!

Some things I was already planning on including:

Imputing one transaction updates everywhere (Monthly/yearly spending track, NW, Account Balance)
Import transactions from Mint/Personal Cap
All customizable
Tons of graphs/charts projects
FIRE Date tracker
Tax tracker/projector
Reconciliation portion to make sure you are in balance with your accounts
Month over month/year over year reports
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:55:35 AM by themagicman »

themagicman

• Bristles
Also, would you all rather see it in Excel of in Google sheets? I would be able to do more in Excel but sheets would be more accessible. Thanks!

Grogounet

• Bristles
    • http://www.quest2independence.com
Have a look at madfientist calculator, "flexible retirment planner" and the ultimate retirement calc from Todd Tresider. I believe a combination of the 3 is what would solve all issues :-)

themagicman

• Bristles
Have a look at madfientist calculator, "flexible retirment planner" and the ultimate retirement calc from Todd Tresider. I believe a combination of the 3 is what would solve all issues :-)

Thank you! I will check both of those out and try to incorporate something similar!

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.