Author Topic: Need advice about business location  (Read 2893 times)

StartingEarly

• Bristles
Need advice about business location
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:07:11 AM »
I'm starting a small ammunition manufacturing company and I am mulling over where to put it. I am in Wisconsin Rapids which isn't the most business friendly but the surrounding areas are decent. I don't need a huge amount of space, but I would need a space that allows things some office rentals might not allow. I would have probably 50-100 pounds of smokeless powder on site and at least one reloader, possibly more in the future. I think the brass processing I could get away with doing at home with the cement mixer. The reason I am not doing the business at home is my father isn't comfortable having gunpowder, which is safer than a can of gasoline, in the house. The insurance would also likely skyrocket and the property is valued around 1500, so a cheap place to do it might be best and that avoids distractions.

What kind of places should I look to for finding cost effective rent with a business friendly environment? Would I be best off talking to a manufacturing company and seeing if they would lease out a few hundred square feet of space?

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
Re: Need advice about business location
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »
Storage unit if you don't need retail premises.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »
I'm not sure you can reload for a business in a storage unit.

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:58:15 AM »
Maybe a farmer has an unused outbuilding? Or see if a gun store owner would work with you.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 07:13:01 AM »
This might not be exactly the answer you're looking for, but are you planning on selling to the government? If yes, you could consider a HUBZone (historically underutilized business zone).

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 12:15:36 AM »
The government generally only buys new ammo as policy.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!