Author Topic: Nashbar 3 speed good?  (Read 2932 times)

retireatbirth

• Bristles
Nashbar 3 speed good?
« on: July 10, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »
I'm looking for an affordable starter bike which I will probably use for biking around the city for fun on the weekends. Are 3 speeds enough? Is this a good bike? Is this a good choice for someone who is 6'3".

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
Re: Nashbar 3 speed good?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
Is that this one?

As far as suitability for your height goes, there's different size frames that cater to different heights. I ride a bike with a large frame and I'm 5'11".

What type of area do you live in? The three speed bike is probably fine if the area's not hilly, but if there are lots of hills you may want something with more (and lower) gears.

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/swift-flatbar-hybrid-xiv.htm
I'd go for this instead, 22" Titan grey, alternatively check craigslist for a non-wal mart bike

retireatbirth

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
Is that this one?

As far as suitability for your height goes, there's different size frames that cater to different heights. I ride a bike with a large frame and I'm 5'11".

What type of area do you live in? The three speed bike is probably fine if the area's not hilly, but if there are lots of hills you may want something with more (and lower) gears.

Yep thats it. I'm in NYC. Pretty flat area.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:53 AM »
It'd do the job. Not so sure about singlewall wheels and the coaster brake, but it might be ok.

What does everyone else reckon?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!