Author Topic: My account disappeared - how can I contact an Admin?  (Read 3212 times)

NestEggChick

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My account disappeared - how can I contact an Admin?
« on: June 18, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »
Well this is strange: I can't log in! When I try, I get a message that my user name isn't registered, but when I look at posts I've commented on, it's still there. I can't imagine what's going on. I was one of the earlier members of the forum, so I have a long history, and I'd hate to give that up. I can use this new account if need be, but I'd love to get my old one back. Does anyone know how I can reach one of the admins?

Thanks!

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
Re: My account disappeared - how can I contact an Admin?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
You can contact a moderator to get help usually. You can PM them individually, but I don't think there is any list of who is a moderator on this site unfortunately, so you'll have to go track one down and hope they read their PMs daily.

There is a "report to moderator" link at the bottom right of all posts that technically should be used to report spam or forum abuse, but this might also be a fast way to get someone to address this issue? Can try that anyway as it emails all of them to direct them to look at your posting as soon as possible...

NestEggChick

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »
Thanks for the ideas!

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:43:02 AM »
Mod Note: The admin for the forum is kworthington: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/profile/?u=3469. Your best bet would be to send him a PM. If you are an older member and haven't been active there is a possibility that something bugged when we changed servers a while back.

You can also send me a PM with your old user name and the email you registered  with and I can see if I can sort it out.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 05:14:56 AM »
I can likely fix it.  PM me.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »
[MOD Note: Problem solved.  Locking thread.] 
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.