Author Topic: Mustachian Op-ed  (Read 3260 times)

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
Mustachian Op-ed
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:19:54 AM »

MathNinja

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mustachian Op-ed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
Great article - thanks for posting... I am forwarding to a few folks whose thinking I hope to influence.
MathNinja

FrugalFisherman10

• Bristles
    • Fly Fishing Photo Project
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
I agree, that's a really great article. I already forwarded it to my close family members, although I think they largely already "get it" - the meaning of Christmas, not being attached to "stuff", etc.

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Cue rocky music.

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:56:25 PM »
I'm glad you all liked it as well. I hope more people get a chance to see it!

wtjbatman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »
But are you likely to say to one another, “Remember that awesome couch?” Of course not. It will be gone and forgotten.

Bullshit. Author obviously doesn't spend a lot of time hanging out with old people. They just love to talk about stupid shit like their old couch, or car, or whatever possession they loved and have memories of.

Trust me, I spend a lot of time at the local VFW. I'm basically an expert on old people and their reminiscing. Lots of discussions about old possessions and the memories created because of them. "Hey Felix, remember that old pontoon you used to have?! Har har har."