Author Topic: Mustachian Mentor  (Read 2639 times)

jmpate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mustachian Mentor
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »
Hey fellow mustachians,

I am looking for a FIRE adviser, a coach, a mentor. I am pretty new to the community and there is an abundance of information available on the site. So much so that I am finding it a little difficult to process it all to make an informed decision (and I find myself in over-research and under-action mode). I will also need some help with the nuts and bolts of setting up accounts.

I am in my mid 20's with no debt (except a mortgage), a salary in the upper $40k range, a stay-at-home wife, and an 8 mo. old daughter. My goals are to be able to spend more time with my family and do those things that I find enjoyable. I would love to create some passive income streams and I am dedicated to this cause.

I would prefer someone who is already living the FIRE life. Or perhaps Mr. Money Mustache himself would like to take on a coaching case study for his blog?

Anyone interested in helping the next generation of mustachian achieve their goals?

BarkyardBQ

• Pencil Stache
Re: Mustachian Mentor
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
Start here, http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/how-to-write-a-'case-study'-topic/

As long as you can offer details and ask questions the advice of the forum will never stop.

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
Yeah people have enough fun running their own lives. It'll be better for you and faster if you just post a case study. You'll get a wide variety of answers and can implement as you see fit. If you're not comfortable with that read the FAQ and ask specific questions. If you're not even comfortable with that google the questions or terms you need help on within the site.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:16:22 AM »
I agree with the above--posting a case study to the forums gives you the advice and thoughts of many people, rather than just one individual--even MMM himself won't have the broader perspective that lots of people (a mix of professions, some FIRE'd, some not, etc.) can provide.

What did you hope to gain having an individual "mentor" instead of posting a case study to the forums?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.