Author Topic: Mustachian living in Hawaii?  (Read 3354 times)

payitoff

Mustachian living in Hawaii?
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
are there any? just wondering.. i heard its cheaper to live in the small islands..

skinnyindy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mustachian living in Hawaii?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 03:18:39 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by small islands because there is one called the Big Island and it is somewhat cheaper then the most populated island (Oahu).  If you want to live somewhere you should travel there and check it out.  Stay where the local people live, eat their food, drive a car or a bike and see how the traffic and prices are.  See what kind of job you can get or how fast your saved money will run out.  Read the stats, Hawaii has some of the most expensive housing prices in the country and most things are flown in or shipped in so things cost a lot of money.  Do your research into the culture and be prepared for a different ratio of various races, religions and cultures.  Many people move to a new place and then complain about how it doesn't suit them and expect the new place to change for them.

skinnyindy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:26:11 AM »
Sorry, I just re-read your post and I guess you didn't quite say you wanted to move to Hawaii but I assumed it.  Anyway, people in Hawaii have to be frugal even when they make a lot of money.  They will do things that aren't as common in other states.  Such as several families living together so they can afford a larger home with a mortgage.  There is an extensive bus system because traffic and parking can be difficult.  I could say more but I'm not sure what you are really wanting to know.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog

payitoff

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
Thanks Nords! will check the links out