Author Topic: Mustachian Infomercial Products?  (Read 2378 times)

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
Mustachian Infomercial Products?
« on: May 27, 2016, 07:22:57 PM »
Okay, I'll be here when you're done guffawing at the subject line.

Done? No? Okay, I can wait.

Good? Good.

So I got stuck in a YouTube Suggested Videos Rabbit Hole and watched a compilation of informercials (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Knxprg5PAc), and I got to wondering if any of the products sold via infomercials were actually as good as advertised. And, more importantly, were they Mustachian? That is, was it a durable, value-added, money-efficient purchase that solved a problem or optimized some part of your life?

I'll go first. I own a Magic Bullet (Christmas gift; please no punchy!). I've had it almost 4 years, and it's still going strong. I use it for smoothies, milkshakes, food chopping, food mixing, soup-smoothing, grownup smoothies and milkshakes, etc. I can make things in a single serving, reducing both waste and calories. And I simply do not have the cupboard or counter space for a full-size blender in my teeny studio apartment.

mozar

• Magnum Stache
Re: Mustachian Infomercial Products?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »
I think the Magic Bullet is the only thing. I once considered buying one of those egg boilers but then I forgot about it.

Katsplaying

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:08:31 PM »
Right there with you on the Magic Bullet. WAY more used than the big blender (which died recently and won't be replaced). Mine was a gift, too! :D

Choices

• Pencil Stache
    • ChooseBetterLife
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »
Most good products eventually make it to real stores (where you can return them if their claims are bogus) or to Amazon where you can look at reviews.

Poeirenta

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 09:59:31 PM »
We bought a set of Chef Tony knives (like Ginsu for the 2000's). Remarkably, they are still holding up a decade+ later. Except for that one bread knife that we actually cut a few cans with while camping...