Author Topic: Mustachian CCW holders?  (Read 24263 times)

Thegoblinchief

Re: Mustachian CCW holders?
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2018, 04:57:26 AM »
Very cool, John is someone I’d love to meet some day!

I’ve been meaning to update in here, loving AIWB the more I do it, especially as I continue to lose weight. I can even comfortably carry that way when bicycling now.

My only gripe is that the holster I bought doesn’t have holes for adjusting ride height. It’s  a bit low next to the belt to get a really good grip when first drawing. I should modify it soon, there’s enough space on the kydex to move the clip mount a bit lower.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
@TexasRunner Aw, man, you should have mentioned MMM when you visited our booth--I was there all day!  Congrats on getting on the leaderboard--that's not an easy task.

I got to shoot the P365 a week ago at one of John Correia's training classes.  I'm not a trigger snob, so I can't tell you much about that, but I love that it fits 10+1 in such a small frame.  It fits in the hand nicely, and recoil is about what you'd expect from a 9mm of that size.

John is a super cool guy--when we're at the same show, he often hangs out at the MantisX booth a couple times each day when he's not working the HK booth.  The rest of his folks (Neil, John, Mason, Steph) are awesome people as well.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
Anyone here tried a Barska scope before? 

I picked one up for my AR-10 because it was so ridiculously cheap and seems to have overwhelmingly good reviews.  I figured even if it doesn't work out well for me, it will be a worthwhile experiment.  So far I've only done dry firing with it, still need to get to the range and (try to) sight it in.  :-)  Dry firing and sighting objects it's very nearly as good as the much pricier Leupold I have on my LAR-9.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
Local farm and barn dramatically increased their gun section (like 4x what it used to be). Handled a HK VP9 today. Damn that’s a sweet gun. Might be my new carry piece. By the time I have the $ the Sig P365 should be in better supply, as I’d like to compare that.

The guy at the counter said he got to handle the 365 the other day but it sold within 45 minutes of coming in the store, lol.

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »
Anyone here tried a Barska scope before? 

I picked one up for my AR-10 because it was so ridiculously cheap and seems to have overwhelmingly good reviews.  I figured even if it doesn't work out well for me, it will be a worthwhile experiment.  So far I've only done dry firing with it, still need to get to the range and (try to) sight it in.  :-)  Dry firing and sighting objects it's very nearly as good as the much pricier Leupold I have on my LAR-9.

If you get one, let me know what you think.

I'm looking at the Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 Riflescope Illuminated Red VC16-C-1600012 Horseshoe Dot 7.62 but the 1800 - 2100 price range is kinda hard to work with.

I'm still looking for scope with drop compensators for 7.62NATO insead of 5.56 but they seem to be few and far between.....

skip207

• Bristles
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2018, 02:31:06 PM »
Does it have to be FFP?

I shoot a Primary Arms 1-6 with ACSS.  Very good scope for the money but its SFP. 

I run an AD mount and its been rock solid for 6 months now and I am not gentle on my rifle.

Part number is PA1-6X24SFP-ACSS-300BO-WG

Awesomeness

• Stubble
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
My big shooting event at my brothers was a bust.  I got two rounds out then sliced my hand because of my grip, he’s all about doing it right and it was felt different than what I had just learned. Plus it was my Smith and Wesson 380 bodyguard and it’s so small.  Made me so queasy I almost passed out so I spent a good half hour on the floor of his garage with my feet up, probably needed stitches but whatever. It was kind of funny and I’ll have a scar as a souvenir of that day. But my son shot first and he had fun. 

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2018, 09:23:24 PM »
My big shooting event at my brothers was a bust.  I got two rounds out then sliced my hand because of my grip, he’s all about doing it right and it was felt different than what I had just learned. Plus it was my Smith and Wesson 380 bodyguard and it’s so small.  Made me so queasy I almost passed out so I spent a good half hour on the floor of his garage with my feet up, probably needed stitches but whatever. It was kind of funny and I’ll have a scar as a souvenir of that day. But my son shot first and he had fun.

Ya...  that gun is tiny and the slide has some decent travel (by comparison...).  You know when they say high as possible on the grip, there IS a limit to that advice.  lol
Sorry bout the messed up weekend.  :/

Medical stapler's are quite nice to have on hand.  ;)

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Ouch.  I was at the local plinking range a few years ago when a guy there got a serious case of slide bite from a Ruger LCP.  Not a fan of those, not just the high risk of slide bite, but the muzzle is so short that it looks just a bit too easy to get one's finger around the muzzle instead of where it belongs.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
Ouch.  I was at the local plinking range a few years ago when a guy there got a serious case of slide bite from a Ruger LCP.  Not a fan of those, not just the high risk of slide bite, but the muzzle is so short that it looks just a bit too easy to get one's finger around the muzzle instead of where it belongs.

I don't have a problem with the muzzle length on my LCP, but the trigger is the worst I have ever experienced.

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2018, 11:47:18 PM »

I don't have a problem with the muzzle length on my LCP, but the trigger is the worst I have ever experienced.

Me too, not a big fan of the trigger on those Ruggers. 

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2018, 12:06:13 AM »
Cave any of you seen the new Sig p365.  I have yet to try it out, but love the idea of 10+1 9mm but the size of the glock 43 or the S+W shield. 

I will wait a year before the kinks are worked out of it and maybe purchase it for my new CHL.

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p365/

I preordered one from my local shop and it should be shipping out around June.  It's pretty amazing how it's able to hold 10 rounds in such a small package.  I may open up a cash back credit card to get the gun a little cheaper.

Once it arrives can you please share your thoughts and experiences.  I am very interested in the gun but waiting for all the kinks to be figured out and fixed if there are any.

@Full_Beard Have you been able to try out the P365?  I held one today at the show and it fit like a glove....  Seemed really well built with a nice crisp pull.
Any thoughts on how it shoots?

We can go to PM if you want.

Thanks!

Regarding the p365 I have seen many complaints about the striker failing relatively early.  Sig has been making a few revisions on the weapon since it has been released. Personally I do not think it is time to buy just yet.  Also, when/if I do purchase the pistol I will make sure it is one of the later revisions.  I'm looking at likely early 2019.