Author Topic: Mr Moneymoustache for president  (Read 4009 times)

torbisen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mr Moneymoustache for president
« on: November 09, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »
I sincerely dont know how you Americans manage to vote for such a president, but why not run Mr Moneymoustach next time?? :-)

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
Re: Mr Moneymoustache for president
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »
Unfortunately, Mr Moneymustache was born in Canada, and is legally ineligible for the office of US President.  ;-)

jamesbond007

• Pencil Stache
  • One penny at a time.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:22:11 PM »
I get your point. Here is my non-US citizen perspective. Everyone is judging Trump presidency based on his candidacy and his campaign based on rhetoric. Now, he needs support from the congress and senate. There are a vast number of sane people in both the houses. FWIW, no one knows what he actually does and how congress reacts.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »
Unfortunately, Mr Moneymustache was born in Canada, and is legally ineligible for the office of US President.  ;-)

Show me Trump's birth certificate.

Are we supposed to take him at his word that he was born in the US of A?

:)

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 12:03:38 AM »

Show me Trump's birth certificate.

Are we supposed to take him at his word that he was born in the US of A?

Well, if nothing else, surely Wikipedia did their research. If not, who could you trust, really?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

pirate_wench

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 03:46:30 PM »
A Canadian would make a good US president.  We would bring you healthcare.

Unfortunately, the constitution that allows somebody who loses the popular vote to still be president (twice in my short life-time, both republican) is also the same constitution that will not allow foreign born citizens to be president.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »
Its always funny how people like the rules until they lose by them. I do wish they would quit saying every vote matters though because in my county which is 97% Republican my vote doesn't matter one way or another.

GetItRight

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »
Unfortunately, the constitution that allows somebody who loses the popular vote to still be president (twice in my short life-time, both republican) is also the same constitution that will not allow foreign born citizens to be president.

Ranked choice voting passed in Maine. More people voted third party than I can recall ever before, there is hope. Just play the long game. Eventually the two party system with two more or less identical candidates will end. Trump is an outsider and sign that people don't want career politicians who trample their rights to be in power. He has many things in his 100 day plan that will benefit every American, though unfortunately a few that trample our natural rights and violate the law.

In the meantime, at least the Clinton crime family is not in power and liberals might begin to realize consolidating so much power in one individual is not wise. A return to abiding by the laws of this country, the Constitution, in which without those in power breaking the law it shouldn't make much difference who is president would be welcome and refreshing.