Author Topic: Mr. Money Musctache,Billionaire.  (Read 11857 times)

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
Mr. Money Musctache,Billionaire.
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
Any one else played the game, Billionaire. on iPhone?
I was so shocked to see " Mr.Money Mustache as a character/ milestone in the game.

Side note- its actually a pretty entertaining game as well and a good simulation of passive income streams.

iamadummy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mr. Money Musctache,Billionaire.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »
no way

wtjbatman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
no way

Told you guys he was making money off these forums

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »
When did the game come out?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »
Any one else played the game, Billionaire. on iPhone?
I was so shocked to see " Mr.Money Mustache as a character/ milestone in the game.

Side note- its actually a pretty entertaining game as well and a good simulation of passive income streams.
So what was the milestone you reached to become MMM?

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »
[/quote]

Half a million. He is the second milestone in the game. The net worth calculations do have some inaccuracies though.
Jk Rowling is listed at 13 million...

kaetana

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Hmmm. I hope MMM was asked about being involved in the game. I probably wouldn't appreciate being a character in some random game without my permission.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »
Half a million. He is the second milestone in the game. The net worth calculations do have some inaccuracies though.
Jk Rowling is listed at 13 million...
Well, we're all sure he's worth more than that!

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
Is this the same game?
http://www.stagecoachtoys.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=186

My guess is that some random person updated the game. I don't know what the laws are for making a profit off of someone's likeness. I think it depends on if they are a public figure or not.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »

Is this the same game?

My guess is that some random person updated the game. I don't know what the laws are for making a profit off of someone's likeness. I think it depends on if they are a public figure or not.

I totally played that game growing up!

I see the iOS game (which looks different) is free but with in app purchases. Is it possible to win without those reasonably?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:11 AM »

Is this the same game?

I totally played that game growing up!

I see the iOS game (which looks different) is free but with in app purchases. Is it possible to win without those reasonably?

Yes you can go through the whole game without any in app purchases.  They actually utilize ads through out the game in a very clever way that feels non disruptive to the user. In fact, the user can benefit  by selecting to view brief 10-20 second ads during various points of game play.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
Is this the same game?

The real question is whether they got the rights from Parker Brothers.

edit: Indonesian company, released last month... I'm guessing no attention to legal.  But the game looks different.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:10:08 PM by dragoncar »

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
Just downloaded this and will try this tonight... looks fun!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 05:06:38 PM »
Started it this morning. It's fun, in the same way Cookie Clicker was.

Who's beat it?  How long does the whole thing take? (AKA what's the total time I'm going to sink into this?)

The Mr. Money Mustache icon was hilarious and spot on.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:05:47 AM »
I kept getting arrested or would have stuff seized even though I thought my risk was fairly low, so I ended up deleting it out of frustration. I forget how much I made, but I had just beat Ashley Tisdale.

LOL on Cookie Clicker. I've had that open on my browser for about a month. Ridiculous.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
When you're arrested you can choose to serve the time or have your highest profit building seized. You have to decide which is better.

But yeah, I just got seized with a 51% threat level, sucks when it happens, but it does add a little more strategy element to the game (mitigating the threat level stuff).

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
Sometimes you don't have the choice to be arrested, you're only option is to have your property seized. I had just bought one of the more expensive ones and it was seized (probably because I had just finished my sentence). Went all "grr!" and deleted it.

First time I was arrested I was at ~90% threat level, so yeah that made sense. The last time I was around ~35%, which I considered pretty low. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
Is this game also available in the Google Play store for Android?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
I don't know. Did you try to search for "Billionaire" in the Google Play Store?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »

Who's beat it?  How long does the whole thing take? (AKA what's the total time I'm going to sink into this?)

Beat it (to my satisfaction: I didn't buy every building, but I got up to #1 on the list, passing Bill Gates).

Answer: About 1 week.

iamadummy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
is it like cash flow quadrant?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »

is it like cash flow quadrant?

Is that a game?  I've read the book, but am not familiar with any game named that.

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
I don't know. Did you try to search for "Billionaire" in the Google Play Store?

Yeah, and I didn't see anything resembling the game described. Oh well. Another time waster I won't be able to waste my time on. :P

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 06:39:25 AM »
It took me about two weeks to beat the game. Havent played an iphone game in ages, it was fun and somehow a bit inspiring as well. Terrific illustration of passive income from multiple streams.  Wish they would update it so I could keep progressing.