Author Topic: Moonlighting or Side Business  (Read 4143 times)

tsmith5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Moonlighting or Side Business
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
Hello MMM Community - 

We have been working hard to correct our antimustachian mistakes, and are on the right track -- our first step was to cut expenses immensely, and now looking to increase income.

I wanted to ask the community if they have had success with any moonlighting jobs or side businesses -- I have time at night, and trying to find some solid ideas that may bring in some extra money.  I have read the posts on passive income and investments, but curious if others have ideas on working via moonlighting.

Thanks all!

TW

Sparafusile

• Bristles
Re: Moonlighting or Side Business
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »

sideways8

• Stubble
Re: Moonlighting or Side Business
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Yes!! I have a very small side business in addition to my daily grind. I teach piano lessons (after all, that IS what I went to school for). Right now, I'm teaching in my students' homes and have found that most reasonable people are willing to pay extra to have someone come to their house. I am currently (slowly!) working on making my music room at home nice so that I'll be able to teach out of there as well. It's my retirement/FI plan to quit the day job and teach a moderate number (maybe around 10-20) of enjoyable students.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!