Author Topic: money making skills  (Read 2171 times)

dreampreneur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
money making skills
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
Hi guys / gals,

I am somewhere in the middle of my journey to FI. I work only part time, have a FU money stash (however not yet enough to retire). Since I have relatively much free time, I was wondering which skills could I acquire to have an option of earning some extra money if I need it. What I am not going to do is to build a new career or have another "stable" job.
What I came up until now are:
* getting a fitness trainer certification, and being able to get a short-term part time employment, or just getting clients hiring me directly.
* streamlining and automating process of flipping things on CL / ebay & co.
* having my own "dormant" website, earning me some (small) affiliate income. In case I need more money I just focus on bringing up more content, getting more traffic and earning more money.

What would you learn if you wanted a skill to earn a few bucks quickly? (please no illegal stuff :))

Choices

• Pencil Stache
    • ChooseBetterLife
Re: money making skills
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »
Good luck getting an active website to make money, much less a dormant one. If you figure it out, please tell me your secrets!

dreampreneur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 01:20:03 AM »
Good luck getting an active website to make money, much less a dormant one. If you figure it out, please tell me your secrets!

Julie, feel free to PM me if you'd like to learn some basics how to monetize websites ;)

NestEggChick (formerly PFgal)

• Stubble
    • Nest Egg Chick
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 09:25:17 AM »
I found a lot of great ideas here:

http://www.sidehustlenation.com/sharing-economy-make-extra-money/

With some exceptions, most of these aren't "careers" but they can definitely lead to more income.