Author Topic: MMM blog in epub/pdf  (Read 4863 times)

Stahlmann

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
MMM blog in epub/pdf
« on: November 06, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
As stated in topic.

Has anyone tried to convert it to such form?
I would prefer EPUB :P

I think there are a lot of INTJ (especially programmers) and they could help us :P

Thanks in advance

edit:
https://github.com/beege/MMM-Ebook
Could anyone update the project?
Or give final epub?
I would really appreciate this.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:43:04 PM by Stahlmann »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: MMM blog in epub/pdf
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:35:57 PM »
https://github.com/beege/MMM-Ebook

The person who created that GitHub link has a thread about it here:
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/welcome-to-the-forum/making-a-mr-money-mustache-ebook/

He last visited this forum two days ago, so still an active user.

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/profile/?u=7010

Perhaps PM him, to see if he'll update it?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

beege

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Fired during covid
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
I received your summons. Amazingly the code still works. I see someone forked it for python3 on github. Need to pull that back in.

Anyways I generated an epub and an azw3 including the most recent posts and pushed them to the github website. I tried to generate a PDF as well but calibre was having issues on my system. You can try to generate a PDF yourself from the zip format I uploaded. Just import that into calibre and then convert to PDF.

That was fun but I gotta get back to work now. Not FIRE'd yet!

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
Thank you beege!!

Stahlmann

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
I received your summons. Amazingly the code still works. I see someone forked it for python3 on github. Need to pull that back in.

Anyways I generated an epub and an azw3 including the most recent posts and pushed them to the github website. I tried to generate a PDF as well but calibre was having issues on my system. You can try to generate a PDF yourself from the zip format I uploaded. Just import that into calibre and then convert to PDF.

That was fun but I gotta get back to work now. Not FIRE'd yet!

Many thanks at the beginning!

Do you know how to manage index of this book?
On my Nook Simple Touch I can see only 2 page index.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:05:04 PM »
Awesome beege, thanks!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

beege

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Fired during covid
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »

Hmm sorry can't help you there as I don't have a nook myself. I did load the epub into an app on my phone for testing and it looked OK. I can try regenerating without page numbers as I read something about nook issues with those or without a TOC. Any more details on what issues you're seeing? Anyone else having problems?

Stahlmann

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 01:39:01 PM »

Hmm sorry can't help you there as I don't have a nook myself. I did load the epub into an app on my phone for testing and it looked OK. I can try regenerating without page numbers as I read something about nook issues with those or without a TOC. Any more details on what issues you're seeing? Anyone else having problems?

To nook part (epub) - my content file shows only 2 pages (like 10 blog entries). Would it be possible to make index of index? or just to make 20 positions (like every 100 pages)?

To epub part (read on sgs3, app FBreader) - in index I can see titles from different pages, namely like 100, 200, 400, 600 and so on. Is it normal? Or could you generate version with index of index?

,,wish" part - could you provide something likewise for http://earlyretirementextreme.com/
I think many people would appreciate.

Thanks for your job anyway!
Merry Christmas to anyone!