Author Topic: missed the boat on US Airways CC Deal - next best?  (Read 2786 times)

catccc

• Handlebar Stache
missed the boat on US Airways CC Deal - next best?
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »
I was planning on getting this card for the companion certificates for family travel this winter.  (holidays with family on the opposite coast)

really bummed that it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Does anyone have suggestions on the next best card to get that would give me immediate savings like the US Airways one would have?

lise

Re: missed the boat on US Airways CC Deal - next best?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:16:58 AM »
This is not as good as the US airways deal, but United is offering 50000 sign up bonus points right now (normally 30000).

beltim

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:15:03 AM »
Alaska Airlines still has a credit card offer with a companion certificate.  The companion certificate is better than the US Air one, too -- you can use it online instead of having to call in.  Check to make sure they fly where you want to go, though.

catccc

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
thanks for the tips!  I did a search myself but couldn't find much- I was hoping there might be a smaller airline that had a deal.  So I'll check out Alaska Airlines, that's looking pretty good!

Amesenator

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
The Frugal Travel Guy site tends to be a good source of leads for these deals. They note that several are currently open and soon closing: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2015/05/going-going-gone-4-credit-card-offers-that-are-about-to-say-goodbye.html.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards CC currently has a 50,000 point offer.  Enough to get 2 people round trip from coast to coast.  An option to check out if they fly out of your city.