Author Topic: mint problems  (Read 9591 times)

Silverwood

• Stubble
mint problems
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »
Has anyone recently been having problems with Mint?

Seems like lately every time I log on my accounts havent synced up and there are temporary connection issues. Just getting tired of it.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
Re: mint problems
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »
I seem to get "can't connect to server" a lot more lately. Not sure what's going on.

I tried using personal capital but it can't even link my bank accounts.

I'm still happy with Mint though, I just like the graphs and charts PC does.

Clever Name

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
I get that from time to time, but it usually resolves itself within a day or two. My 401k also does not show transaction history for some reason (I have reported it as a bug and Mint says they are working on a fix), but it shows the total value which is all I really need for net worth tracking.

The occasional glitches are annoying, but for a free service that is otherwise so incredibly useful I really can't complain.

Public Hermit

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:10:29 AM »
I like Mint, but I can't seem to add my 401k's due to issues with the site's security blocking access to the accounts. I wish there was some way to fix this.

pzxc

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »
Some institutions Mint is able to interface with more easily, and some less easily.  Let's face it, banks have some of the most outdated technology stacks still being actively used -- that's why lots of them restrict your password to no more than 12 characters, no punctuation, etc, even though it's less secure, because they have compatibility issues with some of their old systems/software.

I have go so far as to actually switch banks because Mint wasn't able to reliably keep the account up to date. Yes, I actually did that, I switched banks for that one reason.  Of course, not everyone can do that, a checking account is one thing but when you're talking about retirement accounts et al, they are where they are and often aren't easily moved.

Winter's Tale

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
For some reason, Mint is currently showing our mortgage account twice.  Reconnected with the bank to try to re-set the feed, but it is still appearing twice (with slightly different amounts for the loan).  Weird and annoying.

randommadness

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
I like Mint, but I can't seem to add my 401k's due to issues with the site's security blocking access to the accounts. I wish there was some way to fix this.

This may or may not help, but some of the brokerage companies (or at least ShareBuilder) have what is called a "Access Code" you may be able to get under your profile/settings area.

Like on ShareBuilder it looks like this:

Personal Finance Access Code
Allow tools like Quicken and Mint.com to access your account. Learn More
Access Status    Allowed
Access Code    XXXXXXXXXXXX

May be something similar offered through whoever you have your 401k with.

Jacana

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 10:30:03 AM »
We have occasional connectivity issues but they seem to resolve themselves in a day or two. But in the past week or two we have had an interesting problem where 3 out of our 4 investment accounts (all in Vanguard) were showing negative. As in, if we had 20,000 in there, it was showing as -20,000 and the resulting charts were bizarre. But the net worth calculations were still correct. The fourth (TSP) was just fine. Now it's all back to normal. Maybe they are having trouble with a software update and they are still debugging?

rjbf65

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »
I have never been able to get my 401K to show up on Mint.  Aon Hewitt account.  Have tried the access codes and everything.  Very annoying.  Mint is great for budgeting and showing cash flow from month to month.  I have basically decided to use mint for what it is good at and will have to manually update a spreadsheet for net worth calcuations.

Workinghard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »
I am about done with Mint. Lots of problems and accounts that use to show up aren't showing up. This is been going on for quite a while. I do like it though to see pending transactions on the credit card. We have caught fraud a couple of times that way.

I am using personal capital one for investments since I seem to be having problems with Mint. So far I haven't had any problems with them. I just have to get used to the different format, and use one account for budgeting and one account for net worth.

Public Hermit

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

This may or may not help, but some of the brokerage companies (or at least ShareBuilder) have what is called a "Access Code" you may be able to get under your profile/settings area.

Like on ShareBuilder it looks like this:

Personal Finance Access Code
Allow tools like Quicken and Mint.com to access your account. Learn More
Access Status    Allowed
Access Code    XXXXXXXXXXXX

May be something similar offered through whoever you have your 401k with.

Thanks for the tip, but neither JPMorgan or ADP Totalsource has access codes.

GetItRight

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
Some of my accounts will periodically ask for an answer to a security question at login. I've found that when the bank does this Mint will not update until I log in to the bank and answer the question. One bank I have a loan with occasionally locks out my account, I suspect as a result of Mint hanging at the question too many times.

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 10:34:17 AM »
I have never been able to get my 401K to show up on Mint.  Aon Hewitt account.  Have tried the access codes and everything.  Very annoying.  Mint is great for budgeting and showing cash flow from month to month.  I have basically decided to use mint for what it is good at and will have to manually update a spreadsheet for net worth calcuations.

I have an Aon Hewitt account - theres actually a section on their site about using mint.. I was able to sucessfully navigate that and get it to work

Silverwood

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
 I have 3 different banks and 3 different credit cards. I went back and updated my bank information which I thought would be helpful. So far there hasn't been a change and it still says temporary connectivity issue.

It's been nice to have all my info in one place so I'm hoping this fixes itself.