Author Topic: Mint & Mint Bills  (Read 4119 times)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Mint & Mint Bills
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Does anyone else hate the new integration of Mint Bills into Mint?  I think the previous listing in Mint alone was MUCH better and more useful.  Every time they ask for feedback, I tell them I think it is terrible.  Please join me in the fight against this unwanted "upgrade"!  :)

economista

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mint & Mint Bills
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »
I agree with you completely!  I already have my bills on auto-pay, just not through mint, so it makes me really irritated when they constantly "remind" me that I have a bill coming up and try to get me to pay for it through mint bills. 

Ocinfo

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
Same. Gave feedback that they either give the option to more easily ignore it or I'm done. I'm guessing a lot of users said the same thing as the newest iOS version lets you swipe left on a bill to hide it or mark it as being on auto pay as well as other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cchrissyy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:39:14 PM »
Yes!
I keep giving the feedback that I want ability to hide that section

Field123

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Agreed, it's terrible.

The old bills system was super useful for me. Now it's all a mess because they never have the auto-pay right and half the time they show only the minimum payment due and not the full statement balance.

Dezrah

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »
I gave the feedback that I want a feedback button for every tab. 

I have so many things I want to tweak in Mint.  Delete accounts without deleting history.  Custom search by dates.  Allow tweaks to net worth history.  Allow multiple goals to dip into the same account.  Credit scores for multiple people.  Ugh.

Just this past month (as in on January 31st), Mint had an error where it thought we had twice as as many Vanguard accounts containing the same amounts.  Vanguard was clearly in the process of moving accounts on their servers or something but it confused Mint.  The next day Mint realize some of those accounts were now "closed" and everything went back to normal.  Except now my Net Worth graph thinks I had more on that month than I did and there's no way to correct it without losing years of correct information.  I'll forever have that massive spike that means nothing.

Oh well.  You get what you pay for.

Murr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »
Dezrah, I'm having the same problem now. My Vanguard accounts are all doubled in Mint. I love looking at the boost in investments and net worth, but getting a bit annoying after a week.

economista

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
My fiance's ally account is currently doubled in mint.  It looks like he has 2x the level of savings, but I can't delete one of them without deleting both.  >:(

PathtoFIRE

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »
You should be able to "close" accounts without deleting. Doesn't delete the history I believe, but at least things will look right going forward. I've been contemplating deleting my Mint and Personalcapital accounts recently. It really helped to have a one stop shop, and I was fairly obsessive about following things weekly (or more!) in the early years, but I've mellowed out as I'm nearing my first personal milestone, and really only check once a month (or sometimes out of curiosity after a runup in the markets), and I can go directly to the sites for that, which would allow me to use two-factor authentication and limit the little risk that these services might present.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 03:34:02 PM »
I've had similar issues and it annoys me etc. I figure the program is free and provides lots of value the way it is so I deal with the issues and limitations.

overwhelmed

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
'You have a bill coming due 'soon'.....

in JULY.....(email sent in January & still shows on the main page once you log in)

Really Mint? Needless to say, I am among those who have provided feedback.

I guess Mint has a completely different interpretation of 'soon' than I do

slugsworth

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »
You should be able to "close" accounts without deleting. Doesn't delete the history I believe,

I did this and you keep the history - also, I changed the 'name' of each account to 401k, Traditional IRA, etc. which makes fixing it in the future easier.

This was super annoying. . .and I still have issues with the 'investment' tab, which has always been goofed up. But it is still a great service for free.