Author Topic: Men's shorts, long rise?  (Read 1999 times)

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Men's shorts, long rise?
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
DH has a terrible time with buying pants and shorts, and from his description (anything he tries on now grabs his butt) I think he'd prefer a longer rise.  It seems to have started with the advent of cargo shorts, so it's been a while since he's bought anything new.  At this point, almost all are held together with mending tape...

Are there brands of (especially) shorts that have a long rise? Should he try "tall" men's shorts (even though he's not tall) and I'll just hem them?

cj25

• Stubble
Re: Men's shorts, long rise?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
DH who is 6'10 wears regular shorts from Costco (both cargo and other types).  They are long enough for him (right at his knee).  "Tall" shorts are hard to find.  I'm confused how they grab his butt? DH does not sag his pants, but usually wears a belt.  Would a belt fix the issue?  DH also just wears Levis for pants.

He has these (but from Costco) https://www.amazon.com/Gerry-Short-Stretch-Fabrication-Protection/dp/B01C3Y1O46?th=1
And we got him some Union Bay shorts at Costco.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Men's shorts, long rise?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:54:55 PM »
I suppose your guess is as good as mine on the "grab his butt" bit.  He doesn't like clothes to touch much; tags are another thing.  He's not overweight, he's not tall, so...  Neither of us really understands.

There's ONE brand/style of long pants he will wear, and they're long discontinued, so I get them cheap on eBay.  Polo Ralph Lauren "Hammond" pants, only in "tissue" weight, and only those manufactured in Singapore, Macau, or Indonesia.  Even then, sometimes they aren't okay. Can you tell it's a little frustrating?