Author Topic: men's facial hair laser removal...  (Read 2612 times)

FuckRx

• Pencil Stache
men's facial hair laser removal...
« on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »

ok, been on my mind and i just wanted to ask...
i'm sure someone has experience with it...
the concept is you get a few sessions of laser treatment...
never have to shave again...i have to shave every other day right now...
cost is somewhere in the 800-1500 range it seems...
am i gonna look weird if i don't even have the 5 oclock shadow that i still have even after shaving?

HamhockHammock

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: men's facial hair laser removal...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:43:24 AM »
I've never seen it used on facial hair, sorry. But my guess is that it would look weird.

I get the convenience of eliminating the need to shave, but if it's the cost of shaving that you're concerned with, it seems like it would take a while to repay the cost of the laser treatments, even on the low end of your estimate below. I use a safety razor and double-edged blades, and I figure it would take 48 years of shaving using that system to break even with an $800 cost, not even factoring the opportunity cost of the initial investment. Who knows what shaving technology will be in 48 years. Maybe my robot butler will shave me while I sleep.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
Re: men's facial hair laser removal...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »
Women use these techniques on their faces:  Eyebrows, chin hair, sideburns.  Though women's needs tend to be much smaller; thus, less expensive and less room for error.   

I'd think twice about it.  I know a number of men who've decided to grow beards later in life because the beard covered up wrinkles and made them look younger.  And I know one man who grew a beard to cover up a surgery scar. 

If you're really motivated, you could contact a local clinic and ask if they've ever done this for a man. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!