Author Topic: Making Side Money Taking Surveys  (Read 4031 times)

goalphish2002

• Bristles
Making Side Money Taking Surveys
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »
Has anyone tried this?

goalphish2002

• Bristles
Re: Making Side Money Taking Surveys- Other Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
Any other suggestions on how to make extra income?  I did taxes this season but it took a toll on my marriage being away from home.  My wife is 6 months pregnant.

Insanity

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Making Side Money Taking Surveys
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:22 PM »
My wife does them.  She doesn't spend a lot of time, but she does enough that she picks up Amazon or Target gift cards that help out every couple of months.  I wouldn't rely on them for any kind of real income unless you are going to spend countless hours staring at a screen filling them out and even then the hourly rate isn't really worth it.

Celda

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »
My girlfriend and I do this a bit.

We get paid in Best Buy gift cards, so it's not bad. The hourly rate is pretty low, maybe $5-6 an hour, but it's pretty mindless and we only get a few surveys a week (they get emailed to us).

It helps us to lower our electronics expense category, and we've gotten pretty good mileage out of it.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:41:37 AM »
A coworker churns through these, some are call in. She rakes in 9k/year. I believe it; I've seen her on the phone for an hour for a $150 survey.  Any references?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnintaiwan

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
I have seen ads for that online, my problem would be trying to find the credible sites.

socaso

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
I did this when I was at home after my child was born. It pays very little. The surveys are sometimes quite ridiculously long for the amount of money they pay. More than once I abandoned half finished surveys because there was no end in sight and they were only paying 50 cents. I did make enough in gift cards to buy Christmas gifts for my husband that year, maybe about $100. I had been working for months to get to that point, though.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
I once had some time to kill at a mall and got paid pretty well for doing in-person surveys. One involved trying on jeans and the other involved taste-testing flavored pancake (i.e., artificial "maple") syrup. I think the jeans one paid about $20 and took maybe half an hour.

There was one survey my wife and I both did (I forget what it was) but she got paid a lot less for it -- apparently, a 20-something guy in a mall is a much rarer and therefore more in-demand demographic than a 20-something woman!

I remember thinking that it would be worth swinging by the survey place if I ever ate at the mall on my lunch break, but I never put it into practice because I bring my lunch and eat in the office.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »
A friend of mine was doing pinecone for a while and was quite happy
I think it was like $3 per survey, not sure if it's still the case.

In case anyone is interested, I have an affiliate link to Pinecone, they are currently looking for
• Male OR
• Age 18-24 OR
• Hispanic OR
• African American
If anyone wants to try, I'll gladly message you a link